Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi Guys,

I live in Greystanes, very close to smithfield, you'll probably see me driving round a bit.

I bought my 99 s2000 from Scott's Honda at Atarmon. The car was in extremely good condition and I after owning it for 11 months I have not had a problem with it yet.

I looked at one s2000 at Chrysler in Parramatta, and the salesman there spun me the biggest load of crap I have ever heard.

Take a good look at the condition of the seats, and make sure you operate the roof. Check the roof latches itself squarely and properly, you should not need to pull the roof forward with the handle at all. Inspect the roof for any tears or leaks. Also make sure the roof goes all the way down easily.

When you do buy one, get the salesman to show you where the "secret compartment" is (its the top half of the centre compartment that opens), and most importantly to show you where the fuel door release is!

Just a final note, being Aug/Sept now, you may find prices are a little bit lower compared to summer when the weather is nicer, so it may save you a bit of money if you buy now.

M@

Hey man, i recently upgrade to a s2000 about 2 weeks ago from my 180. It's a total new experince. White is the rarest color, gl in finding one. Most common is silver, i waited for mine, i wanted a black red one.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN
    uh huh, guess that certainly sums up the phrase "u pay for wat u get"..
    now i know not to look compromise any money when it comes to buying a sports luxury car.

Anyway, even though i'm very very keen on buying soon, i wont be rushing anymore, if anyone hear spots out a white s2k for sale 99/00 model. Please tell me about it if your not after it?

Greatly appreciated,

CONAN

btw; whats with DC5R's? i mean, why do alot of ppl talk bad stuff about it? doesnt it live up to what its meant to be? (or should i start a new thread)?
    With any car, I reckon you should take your time and research a little (which you are )

And with the DC5R Q...wadaya mean? Wat bad stuff? Well...if you're really intrigued as to opinions about it...read a little here...or sumwhere else..and/or start a new thread.

Member Array
    i have my s2000 up for sale check this..

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=230772
    Last edited by 2_and; 30-08-2004 at 01:54 PM.

hey toE, I dont know anything about DC5R's. I heard things like, its not as fast, 2.0L but less power? this model was used as a guinea pig for the i-vtec, and the interior is poor??

Also, i dont see many DC5Rs around, thats why i thought maybe its not as good thats why it didnt sell so well?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Quote Originally Posted by toE
    grab urselves a copy of the BMI Vol. 2

off the top of my head,

The DC2R wasnt developed frm scratch. It was rather refined from the Integra SiR. Whereas the DC5R was basically developed from scratch.

Motoharu "GanSan" Kurosawa interviewed the designer (i think that's his title) of the DC5R and he reckons that in a way, the DC5R is the real Type R as it was developed pretty much from scratch. {You bois decide}

The overall dimensions between the two are not far off under the microscope.

The heavier DC5R is made up with a larger sized engine. {Unfortunately they did not do a 1/4 mile comparing the two, so can't prove this point}

Gan San then proceded to take the DC5R on the Honda test track and (again, off the top of my head) he reckons the DC5R has an improved overall balance and stiffer chasis, however, the suspension was a little soft for an R, better brakes and is fast.

Note
    I'm not saying that BMI vids are the bible, but look at it rather as a reference guide.
    Both DC2R and DC5R mentioned in this post are JDM, so for the comment of the "fast" and "better brakes", can be irrelevant for AUDM DCs.
    taken from here

dat's wat i have said about the DC5R. so...to sorta answer what you've heard about it being a guinea pig...i can safely say i doubt it.

2.0L but less power? hmm...i seriously doubt it too...however...unsure about the torque. Maybe dat's what "they" meant.

The interior - have u seen one b4? It's awesome...Comparable with the DC2R. oh, unless you comparing it with sumfin else..or mean sumfin else.

You dont see many around doesnt mean they're not good cars. They are prolly too good to be driven..so they have been stored.

But my opinion overall about the DC5R...well...I didn't like the shape of it when it first came out...but it has grown on me. And performance-wise...a lot of potential I reckon. So...read up and come to your own conclusion.

Oh...gd luck lookn for the S

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    i was gunna get one... but insurance said no when i lost my licence again.

have u sold it yet?

1. HOT F**KING WHEELS.
    2. WHERE DID U GET THAT KIT? I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE LIKE THAT. IT IS HOT?!

Quote Originally Posted by 2_and
    i have my s2000 up for sale check this..

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=230772

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN
    sweet you guys are tops!!
    just the answers i expected, mainly from speedracers response

yeah, theres a new ad on the tradingpost today, white 2000 S2k for sale at $33k, i was shocked! then i read, it needed a few repairs.. i thought bugger that, couldnt be that bad, maybe a front bumper, bonnet etc.. so i decided to inspect it.

Called up the guy, he was in punchbowl, met up with him, he had a middle eastern appearance. The car looked great from far, but up close, omg, it was in the worst condition a car could be in, let alone a s2k?? why!!
    i noticed so many things,
    *no mudflaps
    * holes in front kit, front kit hanging slighty off
    * the dash wasnt screwed in properly
    * it had a momo steering wheel? autotechnica gearknob, pioneer $129 headunit? WTF
    * holes in the seats
    * wires hanging everywhere in the cabin
    * roof wouldnt close properly, kept on jamming
    * engine was very dirty
    * tyres were all completely bold, honestly could pass for slicks!!
    * NO SEATBELTS!!! i couldnt believe it, and i trusted this guy with my life too..
    ALOT OF OTHER THINGS....

The car was in absolute shit condition, when I opened the hood, the owner told me it didnt have any plates?? I'm pretty sure he was talking about compliance plates(VIN, engine no, built date, etc), I was pretty sure what he meant, but i chose not to listen to him, I couldnt bear how he treated this S2K!!!

And to top it off, he took me for a test drive, revved it upto 9000rpm's about a trillion times, and ended it with a 1080degrees burnout doughy or whatever u call it.

I'm not a genius or nothing, but I'm guessing he does that everyday, and this car has been through something that involves the police?
    Anyway, the cost of fixing this car up would be excess of at least 15K.. thats just a guess..

Thanks for reading my reply
    hope to hear from u guyz soon ay..

CONAN

ha ha no vin plates??? can anyone say stolen car!.... cut and shut!... probabley a statutory write off bro...

dodgy lebos...

Member Array
    Car:
    2k2 Jazz VTi
    Can anyone say dodgy???

Good luck in finding your white S2k Conan

Dare anyone to call the cops on that guy selling the dodgy S2k, rebirth for sure.

Going to the north shore to find a good S2k isnt that bad of a comment. I bought my S2k from neutral bay, from a guy who catches the bus to work. He only ever drives the car one to two days a week, and the golf course is only located 2 mins from his house. The car was a '99 and it only had 16,000 kms. It was garaged in an underground carspace everyday since he got the car. I think there is more of a chance that youll find people like this in areas like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 CRX
    the dc5r, the reason people bag it is because the AUDM model is severly handicapped
    AND
    it was designed for the american market, which is why it's lost some of the hard edge of the DC2R

down the quater, the DC5R and the DC2R are about the same in AUDM trim (.1s difference if i remember correctly)

-2ds

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Black DC2R
    i've heard the s2k is very tail happy and that may explain why so many have been in accidents... not as forgiving at the limit as say an ITR...

anyone put widder rubber on the back to try to fix it???

or am i completely wrong?