Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Quote Originally Posted by 00dc2
    i've heard the s2k is very tail happy and that may explain why so many have been in accidents... not as forgiving at the limit as say an ITR...

anyone put widder rubber on the back to try to fix it???

or am i completely wrong?
    Putting wider tyres might help the problem.
    But i've read that a few of the owners have complained that the OEM tyres - Bridgestone S02 - aren't great in the wet, and Honda should've gone with the S03 instead.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by toE
    Putting wider tyres might help the problem.
    But i've read that a few of the owners have complained that the OEM tyres - Bridgestone S02 - aren't great in the wet, and Honda should've gone with the S03 instead.
    The OEM SO2's in my experience perform acceptably in the wet unless you're pushing the car too hard. Owners in colder climates than ours seem to experience wet weather grip problems more than we do.

S03s perform better in the wet but they are also a harder compound so the trade-off is they don't quite have the equivalent grip of a softer compound. From memory the S02 provides around 1 G of lateral grip.

I prefer the S02 and have, to date, shod my car in nothing else. Lots of other folks have different preferences.

Another thing to also consider with the OEM tyres is that the rear is described as a 225 but the actual equivalent in a non-OEM S02 or other brand is a 245. i.e. the actual contact patch is around an inch wider than the tyre specs state.