Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by kongfu View Post
    Not realistic, warranty is an issue
    i can understand warranty being an issue, but why isnt it realistic?

FM Modulator? Cost about $50 at Tandy or Dick smith, sound quality aint that great but its better then tampering with your head unit plus it uses your ciggerette lighter and charges the Ipod too =]
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 03Vti
    thats exactly what i was goingto suggest, better buy a FM transmitter, and it will keep charging your iPod.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2002 Gli
    I just completed the first link (http://www.hondafitjazz.com/audio.htm), and it works perfectly. I have previously used an FM transmitter (e.g. itrip), but it had the tendency to have bad quality/break up, and I now have an iPhone, which you cannot use with the itrip. Have no problems with channel seperation, and it was quite easy (apart from getting the face off - had to use some force!). As for charging, buying a car charger for $10-$15 and charging while playing works fine - and the quality of the sound is great - even just out of the earphone jack. Took an afternoon but was well worth it.

hey i have a quick question to ask
    so i have to follow http://www.hondafitjazz.com/audio.htm in order to use my iphone with the car to play music?
    is there any alternatives beside doing tis or buying a new player?

FM transmitter is the go then mate

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2002 Gli
    Quote Originally Posted by T-DOG View Post
    hey i have a quick question to ask
    so i have to follow http://www.hondafitjazz.com/audio.htm in order to use my iphone with the car to play music?
    is there any alternatives beside doing tis or buying a new player?
    Hi T-Dog,
    There are basically 4 options to play music from your ipod/iphone on your car stereo with a Honda Jazz
    1. iTrip (plays music on your iphone/pod through a radio frequency that you choose) - This is probably the quickest option. Only problem is that when you drive around often you'll get interference from other radio stations. You'll also need one that works with the iPhone.
    2. Get Honda/an Auto-electrician to install a plug for you - This I wouln't recommend. I enquired about it at the time and from memory the parts themselves would cost over $2000. This may have changed though, so if you're interested contact your Honda dealer (or Autobarn etc. that's where I asked).
    4. Get Honda/an Auto-electrician to install an after-market unit for you. For this you will also need to purchase a new surrounding panel (they also told me about it in autobarn). This is still quite pricey, but if you want things like MP3 cds, bluetooth etc. then that's probably the way to go.
    3. Do it yourself - that's the website that you had before. Takes more time, but I got my parts for about $6. Much cheaper than any other option and mine works a treat. Haven't had any problems at all. If you do choose this option be prepared to use force as getting the face off is quite hard.
    Good Luck!
    Maristar

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    hey i've have some trouble with the hondafitjazz diy. is there anyone in melbourne (preferably eastern suburbs) that would be willing to help me out/do it for me?
    cheers

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda EG Civic VTI
    You can get replacement face plates for aftermarket head units i was looking at them today. $379 from autobahn but im sure i will be able to find them cheaper somewhere.