Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 CR-V Nitehwk IvyLuxury

Question CRV UK vs CRV Aus - RORT!

why does australia want to be tight when it comes to cars manufactured overseas???

it seems like only the prestige (mercs, BMWs,etc) and their fords and holdens (no offence to anyone) get to have the benefits of better and wider options and accessories for their cars, but when it comes to other car companies, they only let "standard" cars come in or even better, we miss out on other and better models which is sold elsewhere in the world but australia.

Apart from the standard luxury model and optional extras avail here in aus,
    Heres what an inerested buyer would get for a new luxury model CRV in the UK:

*Power folding door mirrors
    *Headlight Washers
    *Sat Nav
    *Rear parking Camera
    *Panaramic Glass roof
    *8 way power-assister driver
    *Rain Sensing windscreen wipers
    *Premium stereo with subwoofer
    *auto headlights
    *HID lights

optional on all models:
    * a range of 17" - 19" alloys
    *blue lighting in the front foot area (+ plus all dials and instrument panels blue compared to aus models its white, only thing blue is the ring around the tacho and speedo.)
    * Bluetooth and auto diming rear view mirrors

Oh did i forget to mention that you have choice between petrol AND diesel!

NOW what did i get for my Luxury aus model? leather heated seats and rear parking sensors. wow. thats so... like.. comparable to what crv owners get in the uk. NOT! its not even close!

Though yes it costs about 24900 pounds in the UK so ive done my maths and its about $50k here.. but hey.. ive spent $45k on my CRV so whats an extra $5k!?

such a rort.. i feel like aus model CRV is really missing out on what it was built to be, a very elegant, luxurious, european style, japanese powered SUV.

And for those who dont like the double grille at least there is a whole lotta choice of engine, gadgets and extras that can outweigh its look, esp with the sat nav, premium sound system and panaramic glass roof and disel engine.. if this was avail here in aus, it'll blow the Rav4 outta the water any day!

its been appalingly compromised to meet the aus standards and maybe too much red tape around it.

When you have your capitva for example, built in korea, made by GM daewoo, yet with the holden badge, you have several variants and options. Just dont get it. Is it cos its holden and its viewed "Australian Owned"?? If only they knew this car and the epica and barina is just a daewoo with a holden badge.

Does anyone know how it actually works here in aus when it comes to what cars get to be sold in this country or what options and variants we will get or not?

Anyway just sharing a thought with you all.

have a good one. Cheers.
    "shake well before opening"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ive forgot to mention on the safety side of things, they have

*Collision Mitigation Braking System and Active Front lighting System.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    its price mate, its simple, if we were to have all those things here it would cost like 50-60k. its very simple

Uk honda can have all of those coz they are built in swindon UK and they dont have to import them.\

hence why u see heaps of BMW, merc, porsches over there. dont have to import them far at all.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    its price mate, its simple, if we were to have all those things here it would cost like 50-60k. its very simple

Uk honda can have all of those coz they are built in swindon UK and they dont have to import them.\

hence why u see heaps of BMW, merc, porsches over there. dont have to import them far at all.
    i see UNLS1..

hrmm.. either way though.. if the crv CANT be imported with these extras already included, then i wouldnt mind and im sure others out there wouldnt mind at all to have the opportunity to be able to add these as accessories.. at least a couple of the gadgets and wheels... at least its genuine and warranted.

all in all its more money into Hondas pocket and i get the opportunity to really personalise her...

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    If you love cars, it's time to leave Australia behind

You'd have to wait until Acura is established here before we get the full optioned Hondas
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 Honda CR-V Sport
    I wonder if the honda parts retailers (dealerships) would be able to get their hands on these parts? if they can I bet it would be pricey?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    Interesting... I thought the UK CRV was Thai built also.
    DLUG Racing

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    If you love cars, it's time to leave Australia behind

You'd have to wait until Acura is established here before we get the full optioned Hondas
    Pretty sad to see Honda Australia castrating the lineup and just competing with Toyota (which they can't because Toyota has fleet volume). If they specced up their models like Acura and Honda overseas, then they can even bring the fight up to Lexus. But I guess that is not what they are targetting. Honda Australia doesn't have enough confidence in the Honda brand?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE View Post
    Interesting... I thought the UK CRV was Thai built also.
    Perhaps UNLS1 was referring to the UKDM models being built in the UK instead of importing them from Thailand.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    UK CRVs are made in the UK I believe.

Also...
    Honda Australia will N O T launch Acura in the next 10 years atleast, if ever.... sad news considering the way honda are going

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook View Post
    UK CRVs are made in the UK I believe.

Also...
    Honda Australia will N O T launch Acura in the next 10 years atleast, if ever.... sad news considering the way honda are going
    How do you know this?

I read an interview with someone from Honda AU stating that if they continue to grow at the rate they are we could see Acura here in less than 3 years.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by CRV-SUV View Post
    I wonder if the honda parts retailers (dealerships) would be able to get their hands on these parts? if they can I bet it would be pricey?!?!?!?!

i personally believe that they can get it shipped over? but i guess your up for ALL the shipping costs.. you might as well go to super cheap auto and get yourself a part thats worth half the price.

jus spewing.. aus honda couldve at least added one or two more extras in the luxury crv as standard.

maybe the rear view camera, premium sound system and rain sensing wipers to the very least... and HIDs as optional!

now thats "Luxury!!"

jus a shame aus honda are a little too conservative.