Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney

XCarlink vs Neo Prolink vs Icelink

...For late model honda's that have the new HONDA-03 CD Changer connector, i.e. Euro, Accord 2003+, DC5 teggy, new Civic, Jazz

My Dension Icelink Plus R3 is playing up, problems being~
    1) It loses connection of the iPod. It still plays through the system but I cannot control it with the steering wheel buttons. I need to remove and reconnect the Icelink connector under the stock radio to get it working again.
    2) Steering wheel controls are slow. It can take up to 5 seconds to change a song
    3) You can only select 5 playlists using the CD changer buttons on the Radio, unless you use it in Direct Mode and select the playlists using the iPod itself

Its out of warranty so I'm thinking of trying another brand.

These are basically the same as the Icelink but appear to be newer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Neo Prolink $269

http://mp3yourcar.com.au/?webpage=pr...=Accord%20Euro
    http://www.advancedice.com.au/produc...umber=21145neo
    Advantage: optional ipod cradle with video output
    Note: Neo are basically rebadgers of existing products, so this unit could be a US Spec PA11–HON2y or other brand.

XCarLink $155

http://www.xcarlink.com.au/product_i...products_id=66

Has anyone installed one of these in their car?
    Any problems/issues?
    Are the steering wheel/radio responsive when changing tracks (less than a second)?
    Last edited by EuroDude; 21-02-2008 at 02:56 PM.
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I have the Xcarlink. Sometimes you can change tracks too quickly with the button by pressing repeatedly quickly and it takes a few seconds to catch up. But that is rare. Most of the time, the steering buttons work as quickly as if you were changing the radio station or CD track. The downside of the xcarlink is the background grouding noise. I suspect that the ground wire between the xcarlink and the connector is too thin or routed with insufficient shielding that it affects the input wire as well (they are all bundled up together in that 1 wire between the xcarlink and the aux connector.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I have the Xcarlink. Sometimes you can change tracks too quickly with the button by pressing repeatedly quickly and it takes a few seconds to catch up. But that is rare. Most of the time, the steering buttons work as quickly as if you were changing the radio station or CD track. The downside of the xcarlink is the background grouding noise. I suspect that the ground wire between the xcarlink and the connector is too thin or routed with insufficient shielding that it affects the input wire as well (they are all bundled up together in that 1 wire between the xcarlink and the aux connector.
    Is yours the MP3 model or iPod model?

I'd rather the tracks change too quickly rather than once every 5 seconds, but I'm tending to lean towards the NeoProlink - it appears to be a better quality product.
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Is yours the MP3 model or iPod model?

I'd rather the tracks change too quickly rather than once every 5 seconds, but I'm tending to lean towards the NeoProlink - it appears to be a better quality product.
    Oops, forgot to mention that. I have the mp3 version. It doesn't change once every 5 seconds, but if it is doing some thinking in the background, there can be a few seconds lag before all the keypresses become effective. Like you pressing 5 times quickly, but the xcarlink was starting on a new song and therefore doing some loading/processing. Nothing happens for about 2-3 seconds and then suddenly you get all 5 keypresses happening in one go. But it doesn't happen often. Typically it is good, quick and responsive. But the static noise is a worry. I'm not sure if the NeoProlink has the same problem, but for the xcarlink, I'd recommend you to listen to someone's Euro with the ipod version before purchasing. The static is noticeable with the volume set to 12 or above and varies with RPM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Thanks for the info. I may go to a reseller and try before i buy.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Well I got the Neo Prolink and its much better than the Icelink.

The Neo is basically a rebadge of the USA Spec PA11–HON2y

Advantages of the Neo over the Icelink

- Track changing via the radio/steering wheel takes 1.5 seconds consistantly, instead of an inconsistant 2-5 seconds
    - The track name on the iPod changes as soon as the next track starts playing, instead of taking up to 5 seconds after the next track starts playing
    - Changing multiple tracks is consistant and reliable, whereas the icelink would delay excessively and get confused
    - The audio voltage output is higher than the Icelinks maximum 4v (its about 6v I guess)
    - The iPod Cradle is more stirdy and built better
    - The quality of construction is much better (has a proper heatsink), the icelink with its black shrink wrap overheated quite considerably
    - The iPod controls are not locked like with the Icelink, so using the iPod controls, you can select other playlists above the five you can only select with the radio.
    - Fast forward and rewind using the radio is much more reliable. The Icelink had a habit of changing to the next track while fast forwarding
    - The Neo has Video Out and Aux In (you select CD6 to switch to the Aux input)
    Last edited by EuroDude; 28-02-2008 at 05:56 PM.
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Tourer
    will any of these kits do video out to my stock CL9 navi??? been looking everywhere for one and i havent really found a kit that has a definitive answer as to if it will do video out from ipod to my stock navi.

Does the Factory sat-nav even have that function, so that it can be used as a screen? As far as Im aware it's only used for sat-nav/radio/air con and so on. Feel free to correct me if Im wrong.

I got the factory Honda iPod adapter. I have no issues with track change delays. Specially on mixes that have seperate continous tracks. No gaps there. But then again Im not changing tracks, it's the iPod doing it, not me initiating the track change.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Well I got the Neo Prolink and its much better than the Icelink.

The Neo is basically a rebadge of the USA Spec PA11–HON2y

Advantages of the Neo over the Icelink

- Track changing via the radio/steering wheel takes 1.5 seconds consistantly, instead of an inconsistant 2-5 seconds
    - The track name on the iPod changes as soon as the next track starts playing, instead of taking up to 5 seconds after the next track starts playing
    - Changing multiple tracks is consistant and reliable, whereas the icelink would delay excessively and get confused
    - The audio voltage output is higher than the Icelinks maximum 4v (its about 6v I guess)
    - The iPod Cradle is more stirdy and built better
    - The quality of construction is much better (has a proper heatsink), the icelink with its black shrink wrap overheated quite considerably
    - The iPod controls are not locked like with the Icelink, so using the iPod controls, you can select other playlists above the five you can only select with the radio.
    - Fast forward and rewind using the radio is much more reliable. The Icelink had a habit of changing to the next track while fast forwarding
    - The Neo has Video Out and Aux In (you select CD6 to switch to the Aux input)
    Hey Euro dude,

I just bought an ipod touch and just wondering where you got your neo link from and have you heard of Dice? Im thinking which ones would be much better to buy.

Your neo link sounds like it doesnt have much trouble.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Auto
    Hey mate,

I bought mine from here:

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...A11_HON2Y.html

Works perfectly and is only around $140 delivered to OZ, highly recommended, absolutely no buzzing or interference anywhere

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost_FD View Post
    Hey Euro dude,

I just bought an ipod touch and just wondering where you got your neo link from and have you heard of Dice? Im thinking which ones would be much better to buy.

Your neo link sounds like it doesnt have much trouble.
    Got mine from here
    http://www.advancedice.com.au/produc...umber=21145neo

Dice = Dension Ice
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Thanks guys, will get one soon =)