Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array
    Car:
    115hp 4stroke yamaha

Alpine Vs Eclipse Amplifiers

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a new amp for my car, just tossing between alpine and eclipse. Does anyone have any experience between the both and what would you recommend.

Thanks in advance,
    JdmYard, Team POV!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    one word... "wait". there are new amps being released from eclipse australia in the near future.

both brands have great products, eclipse just slides ahead with its 3 year warranty if the authorised agent installs the product and registers it for you with eclipse.

see if you like... http://www.eclipse-web.com/amp/index.html

B&O technology which Alpine PDX amps have been using and now JL Audio join in with ICE power technology...

bit of reading on ICE power:

http://www.icepower.bang-olufsen.com/
    Last edited by ICACHA; 21-02-2008 at 10:56 PM.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    i use alpine amps, cant fault them they are more renowned for making amps than eclipse, ive only really known them for their head units (dunno bout their new range so cant really judge them). http://www.alpine.com.au/ will have all their specs, knock at about a hundred of each for the street price

got an Alpine MRD-M500 monoblock going strong and it's been used since 03/04?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    Have used both. Alpine takes the win for me, Eclipse never had a problem. By far the best amp I have ever owned was a Blaupunkt. It was simply amazing to say the least.

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    i own two pdx amps in my ek

PDX-1.1000 <- powers my sub
    PDX-4150 <- powers my splits and rear 6x9's

they are exactly what i wanted in terms of sound. nice tight, crisp and bassy but not too bassy, if that makes sense. also great size and light weight! the pdx heat sinks are really great too..

i would recommend alpine pdx to n e one but then again.. its not only about your amp. its about the speakers your running off the amps and their quality ..

but alpine > eclipse for me.. reason.. i dont like the sound quality of my friends elcipse subs when he turns them up.. they arent crisp but i dont know what model he has.. so ya! go to an audio shop and try hear the difference..

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    alpine. cant go wrong with either tho.

hard to recommend something if we dont know what it will be used to run...

budget??

why are you limited to only these 2 brands??
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    audison, audiosystem, focal etc are all also prob worth a look depending on your budget. alpine gear is good but there are certainly worthwhile alternatives looking into if you can

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    maybe some one should ask what series of amps from the brand are you concidering, alpine do make great amps, but for power and sheer tunability the eclipse XA series are awesome, i had an xa4000 a few months ago, 4 x 125 rms and more features than you could poke a stick at, definately worth a look in

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    maybe some one should ask what series of amps from the brand are you concidering
    i asked that, indirectly. asked what his/her budget was and what it will be used to run, to see what range in alpine & eclipse (and other alternatives) is available to him/her. op hasnt replied since the 1st post tho..
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

I am waiting for JL's new range of amps to hit the market..... should be good....

However, if you have lot of money, get this Alpine amp, it will trash all the eclipse amps in terms of SQ

That Alpine F1 amplifier better trash the Eclipse in the terms of SQ for $4000 vs $700?