Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    It should be the same rating as the other fuse.

80Amps sounds excessive, I'm using only 40A for my 650w Amp
    .© ♪

my old RF 200.4 (50X4) amp dont have internal fuse, but comes with a external 60amp fuse instead.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Woah,Eurodude,your new aviator warped my head...

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I just fixed a problem I've had for almost 2 years on and off! I replaced everything...finially lifted up the carpet and pulled the power cable out and found the installation place (that I paid $300 for the installation but now is under new management) had joined to pieces of power cable together with a dodgy saltering job and electrical tape.I replaced the cable and she's workin' a gem finially...
    Anyways I wouldn't do it,it only took an hour to change the cable.I mean doing it right

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    not worth pulling apart my dash if i can fix it with a small joiner, not going to use tape and twist together the wires.
    i'm sure the joiner along with some solder and heatshrink will hold up fine since theres no real stress on the cable

regarding my fuse, yeah it probably is but i was recommended it back when i first bought the system, been running fine so far
    amp's got 3x20a fuses built on to the back anyhow

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Sweet,at least if ya amp starts cutting out,you'll know where to check.I wish I did.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    nah its never cut out, note taken though
    i usually go pretty overboard when it comes to joins and stuff like that heh..

unfortunately the only time music skips(cd's that is) is when i hit a pot hole, stiff koni's and eibach springs just aren't very forgiving