stiff and heavy steering

hey guys

i got a problem with my steering since i got my prelude
    i dont know if its "heavy" to steer but i would say its alot stiffer than it should be. especially at higher speeds i have to hold the wheel with both hands tightly as the car tends to go another way and also if i go over a lil bump or some object the steering jerks to one side.

when i got the car i got a wheel alignment done, the guy said something about my wheels being too big (18")but yeh i dont think thats the case.
    my friend also noticed yesterday that the power steering pump mayb be leaking but the fluid has the right amount. im thinking steering rack might be the real problem tho

where would you guys recomend i take my car to get checked out, as im off work today and tomorrow in sydney around castle hill/parramatta area?
    Last edited by elite23; 25-02-2008 at 08:45 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    check and tighten all suspension bolts, paying attention to the tie rod nut, this usually tends to be the case for jerking when going over bumps.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Jim Hunters At Blacktown to sus it out
    Could be dead radius rod bushes too, if they are dead, it will affect the steering negatively.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    lower profile tyres cause excessive bump steer
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...