Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yes! couldnt agree with you more 'exit' they seriously talk for way too long about the basics which we all know, james and martin talkin about somethin worthwhile to listen too they should just go straight to the ITV coverage
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    bah, give the guys a break. Compton and Woods do a fine job, I would agree with you if the race was live, but it aint so meh.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by Javed
    bah, give the guys a break. Compton and Woods do a fine job, I would agree with you if the race was live, but it aint so meh.
    i agree, if it wasn't for woodsy and cromley i wouldn't watch F1. they do a good job on ch 10 with RPM. i don't remember watching F1 on ch 9 in the 'good old days' with daryl eastlake and murray walker

was daryl eastlake and Allan Jones, Murray did the ITV coverage with Martin.

Subaru y0!

hey guys, i am just saying the ITV guys are much more professional, and they have much more inside story/knowledge/information. where as bill and compton base their information on the internet and the ITV coverage.

and i totally agree about channel 9, they are so crap ! you guys remember when AJ trying to sell his Trophies!! ahhahah

yeh ill agree to that

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    well since the UK is the 'spiritual' home of F1 and most of the teams are based there, it seems more natural that the ITV guys are more technical and are more knowledgeable

as always, aussies are hard done by when it comes to motorsport coverage
    well except the taxi racing

Just proves that the cars don't need to be altered at all.
    The tracks have to be altered.

Spa is the best for overtaking etc.
    But Bahrain and China are good (because both are new)
    Bring back old Hockenheim and 27.7km Nurgburgring (sp)
    Now they were race tracks!

Kimi did well, but he needs more victories under him before i say he is the next Schumacher!

Member Array
    i like bill woods and neil crompton.

they are way better than darrel eastlake and AJ. they just talked about shit shit shit all the time. they had no more knowledge than the rest of us, so it was quite boring.

but neil crompton does a good "martin brundle", the tech guy with experience racing, and always in the know.

i like channel 10s coverage, although i would LOVE it if they showed qualifying. that would be awesome.

yeh they show a bit of qualifying on sports tonight and stuff but no full length sessions. I reckon the best way is on the formula 1 website they got a live timing section with written commentary for all sessions over the race weekend.

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    yes the formula one website with the official timing is best
    if i can't get to a telly to watch the race i'll watch the webcast instead

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    F1 is definitely much better on TEN than it was on 9. Although I do miss hearing Murray Walkers commentry. He really added a lot of atmosphere to the commentry. And his bloopers were highlights!