Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pod filters

pod filters

seems like a stupid question, but theres not much on 'search' for it

whats a pod filter for? Is one worth getting? if so, why doesnt' everyone get a $30 one?

From what i can guess, it filters out crap so your engine can breath better yeah? Do they make any noise? Cause the air is being blocked though, i figure less power would be delivered to the engine?

Someone with some knowledge please educate us pod-less ones

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Vti-R
    do you own an integra? If you do, you already have a pod filter under your hood.
    And yes, a pod is an air filter, it's just different in design from the rectangular panel filter ones found in other cars.

Yes i do.. so is there any purpose to getting a pod then? other than to make my engine bay look like a gay disco party?

Some pod filters WILL have better flow than others.

Whether this is something worth investing in us upto you.

Personally I have a K&N air filter, because its washable and reusable. Whether the pod itself or the intake give me the gain is irrelevant, there are power gains.

It makes more noise too .... :P.

Member Array
    Car:
    F N Two
    I think imminent_ is actually talking about a SRI. There are minor gains if it is cold, but you will suffer some power loss when there is heat-soak. i.e. sitting at traffic lights.

and it does not look like a gay disco party IMO I will be getting a CAI soon though heehee

I have the K&N Typhoon intake also .... power gains are considerable and heat soak doesn't seem to be an issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    F N Two
    ^^

on the dyno, after letting the car sit there and idle for a while, only the AFR changed, and not the power output.

i dont really notice any power losses associated with heat soak, nor have i noticed that much of a gain, most probably coz its not the R, and its an auto but the sound that comes from it is enough to justify leaving it in

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    pod air filters make more noise than power..lol
    if you want the real deal...get yourself something like the Mugen Airbox

Quote Originally Posted by MrThanh
    ^^

on the dyno, after letting the car sit there and idle for a while, only the AFR changed, and not the power output.
    Was the dyno in Dyno Dynamics and in shootout mode? If so it would have been taking into account the intake temperature and thus correcting the power output.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1
    K & N is the go, they are fairly cheap, and they are nutz, i beat a teg vtir cos of my POD i think, pretty sure it was my pod, becos i have no airbox it's all open and once my engine hts 6000 rpm it just roars like crazy, this white teg body kit rims is behind me on the princess hwy and he gunning it o see him change to the right lane so i dumed the clutch and chucked it into 2nd the second i heard him hit it i hit it too neck adn neck untill 600 rpm then i smoked him, very similar mods i've spoken to him before, hahah idiot was trying to tell me it was a type r and redline was only 8000 and he told me 97 and the thing had no passenger airbag, WHAT A DICK!!! he needs to know what he's talknig about before he opens his mouth, but at to air filters K&N's are very good, i recommmened then Apexi is good for filtering but shit HP gains

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    wtf are u on about? Idiot....

Quote Originally Posted by Javed
    wtf are u on about? Idiot....
    Yeh .... what he said ...