Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    went to snowy mountain 2 weeks ago (day return trip), checked oil, tyre pressure 35psi, all tyres are in good condition before we left, then after a few days my left rear passenger tyre is making a noise, i check it and it worn out faster than my 3 tyres and it has a cupping.
    tyre cupping is from having a bad bearing or shock or other worn out suspension part, im suspecting the toe alignment is not within spec because i havent done any alignment sinced day 1and the..hub bearing was replaced 4months ago

where do you guys do your wheel alignment?
    Last edited by fitme; 20-07-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Anywhere that fits tyres should do wheel alignment.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by fitme View Post
    my left rear passenger tyre is making a noise
    Last time that happened to me... I didn't have a cupping but a bolt in my tyre. Full freaked out and thought wheel bearing and took it in to see Honda. They showed me a bolt was in my tyre. Embarassment much.

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo1210 View Post
    Last time that happened to me... I didn't have a cupping but a bolt in my tyre. Full freaked out and thought wheel bearing and took it in to see Honda. They showed me a bolt was in my tyre. Embarassment much.
    maybe my rear struts is wornout..car is 90t kms old..
    Last edited by fitme; 21-07-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Only issues with my 2007 sedan has been a faulty interior light and the soft wiper blades replaced by Bosch inserts

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    sorry for reviving an old tread,but i'm looking to buy a used civic for a family member and came across this US bulletin.
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...vics/index.htm

"Free engine replacement for 2006-2009 Honda Civics
    Warranty extended to 10 years for cars with engine block cracks and leaking coolant"

Doesn't the US and AUS model have the same drivetrain?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 FD1 Civic
    I have a 2009 (Built Dec 09) Civic.

When I try to downshift to second gear (say approaching a roundabout/corner) the gear lever doesn't want to go into gear. Its kind of half way in- half way out. I take it back out and into neutral and then try and put it back in again, sometimes it will go in and sometimes it won't. It doesn't happen with any other gear. Anyone have any clue as to whats wrong?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010
    2014 FB civic. Reversed it from garage...wash it....drove it into the garage. Hrs later, cranks no start! Hrs later same thing again, figured possible flooding (due to quite a few start attempts), tried WOT start no joy. Called Honda, sent them video they said try it in morning, if still no start they would come pickup car. In morning no start. Car picked up taken to Honda...no start, they figured flooded. There were no codes 9so they say)...all of a sudden...it starts! Told it must have been flooded due to short trip and rich settings of computer.

Yeah right....! So, watch for this! There's a bug in the software!

Quote Originally Posted by Benzened View Post
    I have a 2009 (Built Dec 09) Civic.

When I try to downshift to second gear (say approaching a roundabout/corner) the gear lever doesn't want to go into gear. Its kind of half way in- half way out. I take it back out and into neutral and then try and put it back in again, sometimes it will go in and sometimes it won't. It doesn't happen with any other gear. Anyone have any clue as to whats wrong?
    It can be fixed with harder engine mounts, but the increased vibrations from doing so aren't worth doing considering how often it happens. Additionally, changing the shifter bushings etc hasn't been able to prevent it from happening.

Even try re-greasing the shifter bushings using lithium grease.
    Last edited by lolmclol; 24-08-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenback View Post
    2014 FB civic......Yeah right....! So, watch for this! There's a bug in the software!
    More software bugs...car radio/reverse camera is occasionally stuck with reverse camera image when driving....makes you feel sick driving when this happens. Have to turn off car and re-start. The front seats are dreadful our FD2 civic seats were way better (and it was a better car in all areas) ...Honda has gone to the dogs.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Call the exterminator
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut