Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ozR18 View Post
    My steering rack is crack somehow..and im loosing power steering fluid..which makes funny ufo noises when engine is cold..sent to honda. all they did was toped up fluid and made a report to honda HQ...fucin hell!
    Hi, did you end up with a resolution on this? Our FD civic is loosing fluid as well, but not onto the ground. I can only assum it is leaking into the rack.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    This was a known issue.

My parents had their steering rack replaced under warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    faking sunvisor just blew open
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Ok, so steering rack loosing fluid. What about problems with the meta; black trim turning white? I got the usual excuse "it is the detergent" you are using. So what about the rest of the car, why isn't it turning white then?

Does anyone think I will have much recourse with Honda for the steering rack /fluid issue and metal trim turning white? Are these well known and documented issues for anyone else?

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Accord VTI-L
    Hey fellas, these problems arent caused because the cars ar built in thailand, they are present because honda CHOOSES to sign off designs that save money and increase profits, this can result in substandard quality. Look at toyota and their issues of late.
    My accord has some cheap,nasty plastics on the interior, not cause its thai built, but its designed for americans who dont know any better, and honda want to maximise profits.
    Honda can go some way to address these issues by rectifying them at an aftersales level to a satisfactory standard, but unfortunately not all dealers are willing, nor are honda aus willing to pay for the warranty work.
    This will cost them dearly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    18 Months old 37800K and not a problem third Honda owned and no problems and no mods!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD2 Civic Sport
    I have a FD2 Sport (2009), no problems, everything is perfect with 42k on the clock.

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    my stock fd 1.8 except 18" wheels and ice reaches her 90t kms service

at 70tkms i replaced the left rear passenger side hub bearing
    and rear pads
    at 80tkms resurfaced the front disc

drain and fill atf and psf at 70tkms

at 90tkms service they say i have a little
    bit of leak on my power steering pump but
    i always check the reservoir and no noticeable
    fluid level change..

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    28,900KM on my odometer as of today. I've had two problems in the last four years of ownership from new, all which were fixed under warranty.

1. My boot seal ripped in one corner because the hinge arms were rubbing against the edge of the seal. This was fixed by the dealer and boot arms adjusted. I then did a mod and shaved the plastic arm cover with a file and associated tools. No problems since then.

2. My drivers door vapour seal came apart. What would happen was water would flow inside the car after I'd wash it and wet the carpets. Got it fixed under warranty and problem free since.

Other things are little and not worth fixing, like some of my interior trim around the shifter column has flaked away and there is a creaking noise behind the middle dash. Little things I don't really think needs any attention.

Gotta say though... Honda warranty service has been fantastic every time.

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    ^can you buy an extended warranty even your warranty expired a year ago?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    112000KM still no problems whatsoever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fitme View Post
    ^can you buy an extended warranty even your warranty expired a year ago?
    no

5char