Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 FD1 Civic
    Another problem- the Civic starts jerking violently when I let out the gas in first gear at low speeds. It isnt close to stalling as I am moving too fast- around 12-15kph. It does happen subtly when in 2nd gear too. Am I just backing off the gas too suddenly? Or is this a common issue with all manual cars?

Clutch sounds fukt n8

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzened View Post
    Another problem- the Civic starts jerking violently when I let out the gas in first gear at low speeds. It isnt close to stalling as I am moving too fast- around 12-15kph. It does happen subtly when in 2nd gear too. Am I just backing off the gas too suddenly? Or is this a common issue with all manual cars?
    Does it jerk a bit when you initially press the gas? Possible bad tps, or out of calibration, can make driving a bit erratic. Maybe all of your engine mounts fuked and the motor is jerking around getting on and off the gas, does it make a clunk?

Either that or you just a gammin driver, need dat finesse my abo, did you only just get the car?
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Either that or you just a gammin driver, need dat finesse my abo, did you only just get the car?
    My second thought

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 FD1 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Does it jerk a bit when you initially press the gas? Possible bad tps, or out of calibration, can make driving a bit erratic. Maybe all of your engine mounts fuked and the motor is jerking around getting on and off the gas, does it make a clunk?
    Yes it does jerk when getting on and off the gas, even very lightly. I did feel the engine move around while making a turn so maybe bad mounts?

Are you getting a lot of vibrations in the car?

You could change the transmission mount, but you'd probably know it that had gone bust.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzened View Post
    This happens to my del sol too so I don't think it's something limited to your model of civic.