Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R, FD1
    Had the car almost a month now, haven't noticed obvious problems
    however, when going down a steep hill for eg. in a shopping centre carpark and braking, it seems like the vibrates and shakes. Already let the dealership about the issue in the 1st service but said they didn't notice anything unusual.

Windscreen wipers worked well for the 1st few weeks but after driving in rainy weather for the past weeks, i've noticed the condition has deteriated.

Few days after delivery date:
    - rattle noises from the back bumper (possibly from parking sensor)
    - airbag cover (A-pilar) is a bit open on driver side
    - windows problem (as usual)
    - wiper problem (as usual)
    - back reverse light not bright enough
    - interior get dusty easily
    - A/C smells

now (1.5 years after) add:
    - from almost full stop (really2 slowing down) then turn steer full to the side (right or left), then accell a bit hard... its like the machine strugling and confused on which transmission to use
    - when doing 3 point parking, sometimes there's rattling noise from front left suspension/brake
    - CD player scratch and cover my CDs with dust
    - Oh, and the bumper seems to attract more car than girls! got smashed from behind 3 times in 1.5 years... ToT last one is 3 days from my bday last week

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD CIVIC 2006
    I have MY07 vti since Dec 06 and the only problem I had was a window issue, and apart from that it has been smooth driving since. From what I've picked up in this forum, majority of serious defects reported were directly or indirectly a result of people modifying their cars and as such voiding their warranties.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post
    I have MY07 vti since Dec 06 and the only problem I had was a window issue, and apart from that it has been smooth driving since. From what I've picked up in this forum, majority of serious defects reported were directly or indirectly a result of people modifying their cars and as such voiding their warranties.
    I thought there's only two such users here from memory lol~
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    Quote Originally Posted by BC8 View Post
    Had the car almost a month now, haven't noticed obvious problems
    however, when going down a steep hill for eg. in a shopping centre carpark and braking, it seems like the vibrates and shakes. Already let the dealership about the issue in the 1st service but said they didn't notice anything unusual.
    it was the abs kicking in to prevent your front wheels from locking while braking... from memory there was a topic about this a while back on the forum

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    Just over a year old. None of the usual civic bugs to report

Had 4 punctures all rear tyres. None on my other cars????? Michelin PP must be nail magnet.

only other grip is when I go uphill, noticed the auto reluctant to change up even when I ease up on the throttle (seems to hang on to 4000revs for ages).

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    it was the abs kicking in to prevent your front wheels from locking while braking... from memory there was a topic about this a while back on the forum
    thats why the dealer said to me if it was the ABS locking. He asked if I've felt ABS before which I have but it didn't feel the same. Maybe what he suggests and what you think is the ABS when braking. Noticed this a few times going down steep hills

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    to be honest, i've no problems with this civic.
    only a/c smell, but it happen around the world :-)
    never get window problems, brakes problems, etc
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    [QUOTE=denot;1560868]Few days after delivery date:
    - rattle noises from the back bumper (possibly from parking sensor)damn, how can u hear from inside ?
    - windows problem (as usual)lucky i'm not
    - wiper problem (as usual)maintain ur windscreen regularly + add wiper additive will easier+long lasting ur wiper
    - back reverse light not bright enoughchange to 36LED lah..
    - interior get dusty easilyclose ur convertible roof pls
    - A/C smellsi got this one
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    will servicing the aircon get rid the smells?

it feels bad when my friends jump into my car now..

fyi.. I always change the aircon filter..

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    not my fault for sure...well dealer has acknowledge problem..and wiling to repair it FOC..problem is parts might come from japan..instead of thailand.

Bottom line is..the reputation that HONDA carries..definately does not reflect on the new civics. Theres nothing much to do but just hope things dont go bad to worst in the next couple of years.

[QUOTE=dmx;1561495]
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Few days after delivery date:
    - rattle noises from the back bumper (possibly from parking sensor)damn, how can u hear from inside ?
    - windows problem (as usual)lucky i'm not
    - wiper problem (as usual)maintain ur windscreen regularly + add wiper additive will easier+long lasting ur wiper
    - back reverse light not bright enoughchange to 36LED lah..
    - interior get dusty easilyclose ur convertible roof pls
    - A/C smellsi got this one
    hahah dmx!!!! XD

- well i can hear from inside cause it sounds like theres something loosely attahced to my rear bumper, and yeah i keep on checking my windows as if theyre open (sounds of a car i passed/passed me is so clear)
    - re: reverse light, yes i'm planning to chage it to something brighter
    - re: interior dusty: i've mod my convertible roof to normal roof now. but still dusty...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family