Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by anu View Post
    does anyone else reckon the headlights on their FN2R CTR are weak?
    They are much stronger then the FD but u do realise a massive difference if u have had HID's before they seem week. but still saying they are brigther then commodores.

USA Civic SI 3rd gear problems, not just our Oz CTR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNOQHAVsbhE

what do yous mean its from the calipers? the sound comes from the pedal itself?.. =S.. kinda confused..

Once in a long long while, I get problems shifting from neutral to 1st gear. It's happened a few times now (maybe once in a month or two?). At first I thought it was just me being silly but i let my brother drive it before too and he had the same problem.

its made for a few embarrassing moments at the traffic lights x.X (I can only imagine what the people behind me were thinking lol). it eventually goes into 1st (i can't remember exactly how I manage to get around it, i think I just move it into 2nd, 3rd then into 1st gear again). Worst of all, it happens so rarely and i have no idea how to reproduce this for a mechanic to inspect.

Thankfully, I've never had such a problem shifting while the car's already moving. Anyone else had a similar problem before? o.O

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CTR FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by LD_Mart View Post
    They are much stronger then the FD but u do realise a massive difference if u have had HID's before they seem week. but still saying they are brigther then commodores.
    nah ive never had HID's b4. i just noticed a massive difference compared to my dad's 06 RAV4. hell its a massive diff compared 2 my crappy 96 Lancer!!! lol ...jap headlights have always been pretty weak, altho in 08 u'd think that theyd have come a long way from where they used to be.

like i said, my dad's car has pretty strong headers and theyre just the normal ones on the RAV, not HIDs....but its pretty shite on the CTR...unless mine have dodgy ones...

07 civic vtil. the engine suffered a break down as the main belt pulley holder connecting to the belt to the engine gave way. im not very sure how to explain but its the metal piece holding the belt roller. the thing cracked and all hell broke loose in the engine bay. i beleive the loose belt roller flinging about in the engine caused some damage to the engine internals.

bear in mind im a sedate driver to ease the engine in since its my first new car bought with my own money.

anyway, honda took it in and replaced the bottom block of the engine. they told me its a new engine. but im finding hard to beleive. the engine sounds so rough. feels unsmooth as before. there's a rattling sound coming from the bottom of the engine. and also a slight rattle (or like clack-clack-clack) from the top part of the engine. they said the shipped the new engine block from melbourne to perth.

now ive told the honda dealer about it but they are adamant its in good condition and a new engine. i'll be taking it back soon to complain yet again.

what do you guys think? i feel it doesnt feel like a new engine as well. it sounds wrong. i dont really know anyone who has a vtil who i can compare the engine noise to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexythang View Post
    07 civic vtil. the engine suffered a break down as the main belt pulley holder connecting to the belt to the engine gave way. im not very sure how to explain but its the metal piece holding the belt roller. the thing cracked and all hell broke loose in the engine bay. i beleive the loose belt roller flinging about in the engine caused some damage to the engine internals.

bear in mind im a sedate driver to ease the engine in since its my first new car bought with my own money.

anyway, honda took it in and replaced the bottom block of the engine. they told me its a new engine. but im finding hard to beleive. the engine sounds so rough. feels unsmooth as before. there's a rattling sound coming from the bottom of the engine. and also a slight rattle (or like clack-clack-clack) from the top part of the engine. they said the shipped the new engine block from melbourne to perth.

now ive told the honda dealer about it but they are adamant its in good condition and a new engine. i'll be taking it back soon to complain yet again.

what do you guys think? i feel it doesnt feel like a new engine as well. it sounds wrong. i dont really know anyone who has a vtil who i can compare the engine noise to.
    If you want to compare it, maybe try test driving a VTIL from another dealer on the pretense that you want are interested in buying one and note the noise and feel.

Quote Originally Posted by ozR18 View Post
    If its Auto, that could probably be just the safety lock unlocking the shift stick in order for you to shift into Drive/Reverse etc.

Where is the sound precisely coming from? Thingking abt it again..I cud be wrong since u said everytime u hit the brakes.
    I have something similiar with my VTI. When reversing the car and putting it in drive (I do stop fully when doing this), there is an audible and sometimes load 'click' noise when I start to drive off.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    i think honda should get there fingers out of there ass and stop wanking them selfs and fix these f**ken problems, come on its a f*ken honda, its surpose to be built from the best

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    Quote Originally Posted by fab4272 View Post
    I have something similiar with my VTI. When reversing the car and putting it in drive (I do stop fully when doing this), there is an audible and sometimes load 'click' noise when I start to drive off.
    Dude.. I think im having the same issue...Reverse, fully stops, shifts to D and a whip kinda sounds is audible.

A highlighted this issue sumwhere but don think i found the answer..a problem for concern??

Quote Originally Posted by ozR18 View Post
    Dude.. I think im having the same issue...Reverse, fully stops, shifts to D and a whip kinda sounds is audible.

A highlighted this issue sumwhere but don think i found the answer..a problem for concern??
    We've discussed this here before for the FDs.. it not an issue. Don't be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    We've discussed this here before for the FDs.. it not an issue. Don't be concerned.
    Why is it not something to be concerned about? This noise is gradually getting louder, and wasn't present when I bought the car.