Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus

static noise need advice

Ive got some static or fuzzy noise when i turn my sound system on, once volume goes about 1/3 - the music overtakes the static, but anything under that i can hear the static noise, is there any way of getting rid of it ?

btw im not using a headunit its x2 subs + x2amps+ x2 6x9 + x2 6 1/2" splits on the stock headunit, installation people who did for me said you cant get rid of it unlesss you use a headunit and my friend agreed.

i got a feeling they are saying that and being dodgy and did a the earthing poorly.

So is it possible to get rid of the static noise without using a headunit ? i even bought this expensive converter to get rid of the engine noise and static (LC6) that set me back $285, i got rid of the engine noise but still static :S

advice please
    thanks, from the noob peter.
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    if you spent $285 on a converter why not buy a headunit.
    You can get one for under $300.

ANyway, you usually need to set a good earth on your stock headunit. Put a fresh earth and also use a thicker wire than what is currently there. Also make sure the engine is properly earthed.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    if you spent $285 on a converter why not buy a headunit.
    You can get one for under $300.

ANyway, you usually need to set a good earth on your stock headunit. Put a fresh earth and also use a thicker wire than what is currently there. Also make sure the engine is properly earthed.
    i guess, im pretty sure i got thick wires. my mate goes they are really thick, and i didnt just want aheadunit, if i wanted an aftermarket unit it has to be a screen, doubledin. which im saving up for later. lol

but is it possible to lose the static/fuzzy noise without leaning towards the path of using a headunit and using the stock euro headunit ?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC/WRX
    u also check the earthing points on the amps themselves? also are the RCA cables running next to the speaker wires themselves? (normally they run RCA on one side of the car the speaker cables on the opposite side)...thats a common form of interference that is heard through the speakers
    Life Doesn’t Start Until 9000RPM!

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    okay thanks for that, do you guys know a good audio place to go to so they can get my car checked out, the place i went to i think they are so dodgey i dont wanan go back.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Its the Stock head unit causing the noise. Mine has the same hiss. Reason being its a BTL audio system that uses a balanced (opposite) + and - to power the speakers, instead of + and 0volts like a normal sony/kenwood/etc.. head unit.

In a totally stock euro, you cannot hear the noise. Once you add an Amplifier, the noise is present. I tried many things including a noise filter, it helped but the sound quality suffered.

I believe you can get a BTL->unbalanced converter now, some TSX owners are using them.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Its the Stock head unit causing the noise. Mine has the same hiss. Reason being its a BTL audio system that uses a balanced (opposite) + and - to power the speakers, instead of + and 0volts like a normal sony/kenwood/etc.. head unit.

In a totally stock euro, you cannot hear the noise. Once you add an Amplifier, the noise is present. I tried many things including a noise filter, it helped but the sound quality suffered.

I believe you can get a BTL->unbalanced converter now, some TSX owners are using them.
    Thanks for your help, what did you end up doing ? getting a headunit ? or still have that static noise ? hmm if its no hassle to you, can you give me some info about that BTL-> unbalanced converter ?

In kind regards peter,

Hi red,
    where you get you installs.... pm me and we can have a mini meet and I can see what sort of improvement can be done to your setup.... it could be your gains set to high, thus amplifing all the noise from the HU. Or the SNR from the HU is not good enough.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    If you set the gains to very low, you can still hear the hiss/static noise but its not as loud, but then the max volume will be too low.

The hiss stays at a constant volume no matter what Volume the HU is set to. When you play music above Volume 7, the music floods the hiss and becomes inaudible. Unless you pause the music.

There is a possible fix by attaching capacitors to the head units' speaker wires but I havent tried it. Read what mercman has to say:
    http://www.acurazine.com/forums/show...hreadid=374853
    .© ♪

attaching caps will filter out the high frequency... loss of details...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    It depends on the uF of the Caps, plus the caps wont be inline, they will be attached between the + and - of the speaker wires.

What you basically need to do is use a cap to stop the HU from creating noise by introducing a small amount of load onto the speaker wires.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    the thing is i dont want to add a headunit in i like the stock look and tron i'll pm you VERY SOON about having a mini meet so you can check it out for me, and also eurodude you wanna check it for me as well =P we can do a " double "group buy of ANYTHING to fix this hiss/static noise