Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
factory head unit is the piece of sh!t not the LOC's, but the only LOC that will get rid of the noise from the crap deck is the SVEN4, invest $130 into one of them and never look back... rest of the chat is not worth talking about, its just a fact that the head is crap and theres nothing you can do about it. lucky the euro is a bloody great car.
You would think it is the stock HU but I still get the same hiss when using an aftermarket HU with speaker output. I tested my set up tonight using the G4 and LC6 using the same live and ground as my monoblock and it still had the same hiss.

The LC6 SHOULD be able to run the G4 perfectly. I either have:

1. LC6 is inducing it's own noise (highly doubt as it is meant to be top of the line) - Solution, get the Sven4

2. Stock HU + G4 are both producing noise (likely as stock HU isn't meant to be amplified and G4 is a computer with power supply + hard drive) - Solution, external USB sound card for my G4 and run RCAs

3. Bad ground for amps or ground length too long (possible as stock HU ground through factory ground point in dash where amps ground through chassis) - Solution, find a common ground point/ ground loop isolator

I will go through and try to isolate where the noise is coming through. I will try different LOCs and HUs (hopefully both speaker output and pre amp output). If it comes down to it and the LC6 is inducing noise/ not filtering hiss, I will probably rather spend $200 on an external USB sound card rather than fit another LOC.

If anybody else can see something I may have missed, please let me know