Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I'm not really bothered by the hiss anymore so i'm not fussed about resolving it at this point. But if I find a fix I'll let u know.

A Line Filter (or perhaps a pre-amp?) will work, but you need to buy a decent one that wont introduce other noises (the cheap one I got for $50 removed almost all the hiss but caused slight static popping at mid-high volume).

Are you using the stock speaker wires as the audio input for your Amp(s)? Or do you have a high level -> low level (RCA) converter that plugs into the CD Changer port?
    Last edited by EuroDude; 28-02-2008 at 09:22 PM.
    .© ♪

Using a david navone LOC should be able to solve the problem, but then you already got Audio Control device, and AC stuffs are usually pretty good quality. I have their line driver last time.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Hey!! I've got a similar problem too! hmm where the static stays constant volume and has the noise when either the Head Unit turns on/off and also when disc changes, etc! But yes when the volume is turned up.. it drowns the static!

thats probably the floor noise being pick up by the RCA and amplified... try lowering the gains.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    well my problem is, the static is only on when the volume is on 1 - 7, anything above that overrides the static, when i turn it down to 0 no static. or off, when i change cds i think it stops hveant noticed. but im getting used to it now.
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Oh haha I've solved my problems.. it was just the gains were way too high... haveyou tried it yet mate?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Turning down the Amp's Gains lowered the hiss, but you lose high volume.

Basically you need to set it so when the head unit is set to VOL 35/40, the amp should be at its loudest volume that your ears can take, or the maximum Volume you want your system to be capable of.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Dsire for sound did my system no issues
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    hmm, i dont know how to tune my system, i havent tried how loud the sound system can go, once it goes past 13 with windows up my eyes start to hurt, with windows down when it goes past 17 it starts to hurt. lol
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

i had the same problem, and turned my gains down... the gain just amplifies the signals sensitivity... doesnt crank out more power!! it just gets a lot louder at a lower headunit volume...

by using the full volume control (0-100&#37, you will eliminate hissing...

set your gains appropriately and you will notice the difference!!

i had my max volume at like 30 and had hissing...
    now my max volume goes to 50 and no hissing...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    ^ no, that is a different hiss problem.

The hiss you are taking about is when the Gain on the Amp is too high, where the hiss gets louder when you turn up the volume.

The hiss the Euro (and possible the new Civic) have is a hiss that does NOT get louder when the volume is changed. The hiss is audible even at Volume 1. There is no hiss at Volume 0. If your Gains are too high on the Amp, the hiss is louder, but changing the Radio volume doesn't change the hiss volume.
    The DC2 and other honda's dont have this problem.
    .© ♪

Yeah the Mazda 3's have this problem as well. Its from the headunit. Most people just put up with it. I would be interested to hear from someone who has a RF 3sixty.1 or .2 to see if it has the same problem as the LC6. Normal low level converters always do it...
    01 VW Bora fully loaded
    08 Civic Sport stock