Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ATT41 - Black 6speed Euro
    I have had this exact same issue for a while now. I am powering to 12" subs, splits and 6×9s from 2 amps and the stock headunit. My LOC is also the Audio control LC6.

I have been testing each part of my car thoroughly to get rid of the hiss.

Some interesting finds I have found:
    Hiss is there even when car is not running (not caused by engine noise)

Plugging an alternative audio source (ipod) straight into the amp via RCA completely removes all hiss (hiss is induced BEFORE amps)

Disconnecting the LC6 and using the RCAs that are run down the side of my car for my alternative audio source (ipod) = Still no hiss

Running LC6i from my new aftermarket HU (infill G4) in the boot of my car powered from 240V with power inverter to 12V (So I'm not powering anything from my car battery except for my amps) and the hiss is there.

Therefor I assume my LC6 is producing noise. I want to use a Sven4 LOC to compare the 2 but I'm not sure how to wire the 4 speaker level input to 6 RCA output as the Sven4 only has 4 RCA out.

Anybody in Brisbane care to lend me any type of LOC to borrow

____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    So with the honda radio totally disconnected and using an aftermarket HU, you still have the hiss? That doesnt sound right

Im not using an LC6 or anything, but I still get the hiss. Im using the stock speaker wires directly from the honda radio as high level inputs into my amp.

I'm convinced its the honda radio causing the hiss since the hiss goes away when you change the Honda Radio volume to 0.
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Yes, even when running from a different HU the hiss is still there. Mind you the infill G4 does have a hardrive because it is a computer which might not produce the best sound quality. Nevertheless my hiss is still there and I urge rrred to try an alternative audio source. You can even run your ipod through the lc6 as it is speaker level output.

____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Going through my audio, I was also thinking of other possible solutions. I don't totally understand the ground loop problem, but if the LC6 is using the same factory ground as the OEM HU, could this cause noise? If this is the cause, what would be the best way to test/ find a solution?

____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yeah to me it sounds possible. The honda radio uses a Balanced Tied Load system so noise surfacing after attaching aftermarket gear is probably expected.
    .© ♪

David Navone LOC... I thnk kiwi got it...

I wonder if the RF 3sixty filters the noise better? It is the same in the Mazda's as well, must be something to fix it
    01 VW Bora fully loaded
    08 Civic Sport stock

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    Quote Originally Posted by cutchorama View Post
    You can even run your ipod through the lc6 as it is speaker level output.
    ARE YOU SERIOUS ?! COOL IM GOING TO PLAY WITH MY CAR NOW LOL

ive got close to no hiss ( its like JUST hearable with windwos up and on volume 1) as i tuned the system to lower gains but if i turn up the volume to about close to 15 its about half way power as before it was at 7 for half way. btw wheres your LC6 at mines in the boot, so its hard to play through ipod unless i do a playlist lol.
    Last edited by r-r-redEuro; 20-03-2008 at 03:38 PM.
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Haha my lc6 is under my seat. Tonight I am going to power and earth my HU + LC6 + amps from the same point and see if there is hiss. If there is I will go out, buy a jaycar LOC (one that doesn't need power) and see if the hiss is still there

I can't wait to try it

____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝

Yes do let us know how it goes!

Dude you can use a Belkin in car ciggy adapter ( $35 ) and run a really long 3.5mm jack cable from the ciggy adapter to the LC6. Ipod sits up front with you, signal goes to get processed
    01 VW Bora fully loaded
    08 Civic Sport stock

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    factory head unit is the piece of sh!t not the LOC's, but the only LOC that will get rid of the noise from the crap deck is the SVEN4, invest $130 into one of them and never look back... rest of the chat is not worth talking about, its just a fact that the head is crap and theres nothing you can do about it. lucky the euro is a bloody great car.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    factory head unit is the piece of sh!t not the LOC's, but the only LOC that will get rid of the noise from the crap deck is the SVEN4, invest $130 into one of them and never look back... rest of the chat is not worth talking about, its just a fact that the head is crap and theres nothing you can do about it. lucky the euro is a bloody great car.
    You would think it is the stock HU but I still get the same hiss when using an aftermarket HU with speaker output. I tested my set up tonight using the G4 and LC6 using the same live and ground as my monoblock and it still had the same hiss.

The LC6 SHOULD be able to run the G4 perfectly. I either have:

1. LC6 is inducing it's own noise (highly doubt as it is meant to be top of the line) - Solution, get the Sven4

2. Stock HU + G4 are both producing noise (likely as stock HU isn't meant to be amplified and G4 is a computer with power supply + hard drive) - Solution, external USB sound card for my G4 and run RCAs

3. Bad ground for amps or ground length too long (possible as stock HU ground through factory ground point in dash where amps ground through chassis) - Solution, find a common ground point/ ground loop isolator

I will go through and try to isolate where the noise is coming through. I will try different LOCs and HUs (hopefully both speaker output and pre amp output). If it comes down to it and the LC6 is inducing noise/ not filtering hiss, I will probably rather spend $200 on an external USB sound card rather than fit another LOC.

If anybody else can see something I may have missed, please let me know

____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝