random noises from s2k

hey guys and gals

i'm experiencing 2 fairly random noises in the ap1.

the first noise being a strange 'click' every time the windscreen wiper... um... wipes when it's been set on the intermittent mode - ie, the first speed setting. i thought it was the indicator making the noise, but turns out i was wrong.

the second noise is a 'whirring' noise from the back of the soft top (obviously the top is up) every time the car moves at above 25-30kph. I originally mistook this for the a/c running but now suspect that the noise comes from the flaps next to the plastic window.

has anyone else experienced these noises before? Normal... or should i get it checked out?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    First sound is normal your being paranoid.
    2nd is called wind, however u might have a hole in your top ;P

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Try swapping the strikers/roof latches over

Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    First sound is normal your being paranoid.
    2nd is called wind, however u might have a hole in your top ;P
    haha i wasnt aware that clicking noises were normal in any car :P

and no... there isnt a hole in the roof - i drove around all day in the rain yesterday and there were no leaks =)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAP1 View Post
    Try swapping the strikers/roof latches over
    you mean left striker goes to right side and vice versa?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by <4n'D> View Post
    you mean left striker goes to right side and vice versa?
    Yep thats it. Rolled posted a DIY a while back, about a 10 min job, give search a go, should cut down the wind noise. However if ure certain the noise is comming from the back of the car it might be a different issue.

Is the wind noise coming from the top of the wind screen if so you may have to tighten your latches, best thing too use is heat shrink wrap over the little hooks, if need to know what too do pm me.

just heat shrink about 3-4 layers and you will struggle closing the latches ive had it done for about a yr now and its still tight as a v*****.

thanks guys

the striker swap reduced the noise from the top, but the whistle at the back still remains.

it's pretty strange actually, because i swear theres no leak at the back whatsoever.

i'll just have to keep a lookout for the prob them.

cheers

I heard you can change the rear plastic window itself....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Dont let "no leaks" fool you into thinking no holes... I have a pretty big hole - and no rain gets in... but the noise is terrible (not whislting for me - but i have approx 10mm tear)

you should try having a passenger with you while ur driving to make it easier to isolate the problem, worked well for me..