Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M

Survey- Euro Vtec experience

Just curious to get numbers on how many euro drivers here have not experienced Vtec?

I am curious following a statement from Jtune....

Quote:-

"from our research the majority of Honda Accord Euro owners hardly rev their car above 6000 rpm therefore never experience VTEC."

I believe the majority of people who would be interested in improving the performance of their euro would have experienced Vtec.

Personally hitting Vtec has been a almost daily occurrence as I frequently merge onto 100k zone highways......
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    I think they were surveying the wrong group of people. As you said the majority of people who are interested in improving the performance of their euro would have experienced vtec before.

I vtec about once a day for the same reason as you =) I'm a responsible driver and stay within the speed limit, so really i've only experienced vtec in 2nd gear =)

Correct.... most of the normal drivers who dont care about performance wouldnt bother about vtec or rev it hard...

I love to vtec but I dont really like performance mods... well maybe turbo or supercharging, but that is too expensive already. And for that price I need to pay and I cant drive fast on the roads, its just not worth paying for it...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    I've hit vtec maybe 5 or 6 times since I've owned my car (just over a month). I don't drive it far to work so wouldn't dare doing those sorts of revs with an engine that isn't properly warmed up - not to mention that there is nothing but 60 zones between me and work anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 CD5
    Euros hit VTEC at 6000rpm, Thats a bit high isnt it?
    or is this normal for later model cars?
    OzAccord <-- Being rebuilt, but come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    Quote Originally Posted by tmy View Post
    Euros hit VTEC at 6000rpm, Thats a bit high isnt it?
    or is this normal for later model cars?

Its Progressive, full blown wheels spinning, car pulling across lanes, smoke coming off the tyres style vtec doesnt kick in til 6g, lolz
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro 6mt
    hm i hit vtec daily =D
    but onli go all balls out when i go to the track.

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    OMG I LUV VTEC YA

lol,
    im guessing alot of people that own euros havent hit it, i see lots of women driving euros, family car.

That being said, i have and always will hit vtec for shiz
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    on a daily basis

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by as001 View Post
    on a daily basis
    Same here.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Unfortunately with my daily commute to work, I have to admit that I don't get the opportunity to exceed 6000rpm without breaking the speed limit.
    I used to be able to do VTEC once a day because of a nice onramp onto a freeway. Now, I hit the onramp as soon as I get out of the garage, so the engine is still cold. No VTEC for the engine then.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 JDM Euro
    pretty much everytime i drive the car it hits the 7,000RPM mark,
    usually only in First gear, but since i get onto a few HWY's to get home from work i usually just get it in 2'nd, and i can still count on one hand how many times i've hit vtec in 3'rd, which by the way was scary as hell!

since mines a auto, vtec comes in
    1'st = 60km's
    2'nd = 100km's
    3'rd = 140km's
    2006 Euro JDM : 18' Concave Concept CC02 Rims, Coilovers, Summit Strut Bar, Voltage Stabiliser, Camber Kit, Slotted Disks, LED Lights, Phillips 6000k HID Kit, Sports Grill with CL7 Badges