Thread: TSX Seat Memory

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto

TSX Seat Memory

Has anyone looked into fitting the seat memory functionality from an Accura TSX to their Euro Lux?
    If so could you advise what would be entailed re parts etc including seat garnish etc.

What about any other neat TSX functionality/equipment that we miss out on?

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    the seat memory functionality from an Accura TSX
    definitely something i would like to have..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    is it like mercedes seat memory? where when u turn off the engine the seat returns to a starting position (to assist you getting out of the car), and then when putting the keys back into the ignition it goes back to your driving position? if so, i wouldnt want that, ive been in mercs with it, and after the third or forth time its annoying, not to mention the wear and tear on the seat motors over time....

however, if its the type that only adjusts when you use the second key... then that is sexy/cool and i want it too

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    is it like mercedes seat memory? where when u turn off the engine the seat returns to a starting position (to assist you getting out of the car), and then when putting the keys back into the ignition it goes back to your driving position? if so, i wouldnt want that, ive been in mercs with it, and after the third or forth time its annoying, not to mention the wear and tear on the seat motors over time....

however, if its the type that only adjusts when you use the second key... then that is sexy/cool and i want it too
    Im not 100% certain but I think it is the typethat works to return to the position programmed to Key 1 and Key 2 not to assist you to exit the car.
    We should try to find out for sure and what's involved.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    I agree that'd be something cool to have. My fiancee and I are constantly swapping over and it gets annoying having to fine tune where the seat is each time.

Member Array
    Car:

Research

Quote Originally Posted by Exar Kun View Post
    I agree that'd be something cool to have. My fiancee and I are constantly swapping over and it gets annoying having to fine tune where the seat is each time.
    Lets do some research about what exactly is involved and in fact if it can be done. We can post what we find out here and see where we go.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Power seats are next to useless without the memory function. My wife is a small person and so drives with the seat all the way forward. I'm six-foot cube so I have to stand outside the car (in a tropical deluge) while the seat makes it's slow way all the way back.

The new Accord V6 Luxury has a two memory function with two keys. You could approach and unlock the car with your key so that by the time you open the door, the seat could be in the right place.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    Power seats are next to useless without the memory function. My wife is a small person and so drives with the seat all the way forward. I'm six-foot cube so I have to stand outside the car (in a tropical deluge) while the seat makes it's slow way all the way back.

The new Accord V6 Luxury has a two memory function with two keys. You could approach and unlock the car with your key so that by the time you open the door, the seat could be in the right place.
    Love that!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Find out if it is all built into the seat and you just have a 1 and 2 button to switch between memories. Or if it is also somehow tied to the ECU. The setting linked to the key is the icing on top.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Find out if it is all built into the seat and you just have a 1 and 2 button to switch between memories. Or if it is also somehow tied to the ECU. The setting linked to the key is the icing on top.
    aaronng, the new Accord V6 Luxury comes with two remote keys, Key 1 and Key 2 as well as two memory buttons on the driver's door. The Legend has this capability as well.

Looks like a double layer of icing is in order!
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    aaronng, the new Accord V6 Luxury comes with two remote keys, Key 1 and Key 2 as well as two memory buttons on the driver's door. The Legend has this capability as well.

Looks like a double layer of icing is in order!
    Yes, but if it is linked to the key, that means the immobiliser and ECU also play a part in the seat memory. What happens when you get a memory seat from the Accord and the Euro's ECU doesn't have the pinout to drive the key-linked memory?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:

Seat Memory Research from the USA

I found these two posts about retrofitting seat memory on Accurazine in the US

1. I've looked into this a few months ago. From my brief research, you'll need at least the memory seat module that goes underneath the seat (next to all the power seat motors), and the memory seat buttons on the driver's door panel.

The buttons are not a problem (and you said you dont' need them anyway), but the memory seat module will be difficult to source. The cheapest way is probably to get the entire seat from a junk yard (~$300-600, sometimes you can get a pair for $600). The module itself I think was about as much. I would image there are some other things to connect (to the multi-whatever-control-module that controls the door locks, for example).

It's certainly a good project to attempt, but certainly not worth the price if you'd ask me

2. Looking at the schematics for both the the 05 and 06 the seat mechanics are totally different. They changed the whole frame system. To buy the lower section new its about 600 and then the control box would be another 200, so it would cost a fair amount. I wish I had it too in my 04 being me and my wife drive now drive the car being its our only car for the time being. But for $800 I can sit there and adjust it all myself, besides that give me something to do while the car warms up a little.

Looks to me like its probably out