2001 Honda Civic Vi Timing Belt Costs & Overall Reliability

Hey Peeps,

Looking at getting a 2001 Civic Vi which hasnt had its timing belt changed, it does have service records up to 97000kms, but is now currently sitting on 105000.

Just asking if any owners have recently done their timing belt, if so how much did it cost?

Also what is the overall reliability and servicing cost to maintain the car, any common problems with this model?

Did a search in this forum for 2001 but nothing about reliability issues popped up, and reviews on the internet are just for new vehicles only and not used.

Thanks
    Last edited by lam.666; 05-03-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 civic vti
    Just call up a honda service place near your area and call them to see how much it would cost for the timing belt. Being honda and using genuine parts it would be a fair bit.

Member Array
    Car:
    FK2
    Give Hanny's Performace a call on 9725 5115/Robert, I have my Vi service there using all Honda genuine parts.He'll be able to give you a quote over the phone.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i got one done for $200 at hanny's for a 7th gen civic.
    Pretty sure the VI is a 7th gen so same same
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

if anyone is looking to get there timing belt done, i recommend GPC in yennora at least when they quote, they quote the actual price

not only that though, for an extra $50 u can get ur seals done at the same time too

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    don't forget to change other belts as well.
    and also water pump highly recommended to changed.
    it's already in timing belt labour cost.
    My fren just replace the timing (EG ?? i forgot) but not the water pump.
    a few months later, water pump out! and to change the water pump is same labour cost again (they have to dismantle same area).
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit