Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Tinkerbell let it go, its not worth it, he can learn the hard way

Deano - Nah have you seen the share market lately? anyway i put too much money into the house to stop now HAHAHAHA ;(

poor car needs LSD and better tread
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    huh?
    Yes? Did you overhear something directed at someone else?

I answered your first self-quote a few posts after it was said.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    or did you not realise that i was implying that you are wrong with your assertion that the B18CR's high 8900 rev limit is all in the head?
    I didn't assert anything about the capabilities of the B18CR nor what affects it's redline. I said that "B16A 8200 vs B18CR 8900 is in the head" - sure it's a confusing statement, but if you were keen on discussing rather than trying to prove people wrong, you'd have said more than "and the bottom-end". The difference between getting one to the performance of the other is in the head. A B18CR may have fancypants whatever you wants, but it doesn't change the fact that the B16A is only a valve-train upgrade away from it (almost making it an ITR head). A B16A bottom end won't cry at 8900rpm. The B18CR can have fancy parts galore, but it has a 13% longer stroke, it needs better parts to keep it together at the same revs.
    Last edited by string; 26-03-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    so you reckon a turbo B16A will be more reliable & make more power than a turbo B18C7? (everything else being equal)
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    I answered your first self-quote a few posts after it was said.
    i guess that must be the bit where you said:

Stock B16A > Stock B18C > Stock B18CR
    if you believe that a B16A will make more power and be more relaible than a B18C7 then i really would like to know exactly why.

it seems rather impossible (due to laws of physics), however, can you elaborate in regards to lets say 7psi how/why the B16A will make more power and be more reliable?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    *E240 Edit - No need *

stock for stock or mod for mod or psi for psi the B18C7 will make more power than B16A full stop. Reliability of the 2 would be very similar, cause the chance of shit going wrong on the 2 would be the same, probably comes down to luck of the draw.
    Last edited by e240; 30-03-2008 at 10:15 PM.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Well I think its obvious. But meh.
    Deano.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai View Post
    ffs string you're such a useless piece of shit.

stock for stock or mod for mod or psi for psi the B18C7 will make more power than B16A full stop. Reliability of the 2 would be very similar, cause the chance of shit going wrong on the 2 would be the same, probably comes down to luck of the draw.
    I don't remember where I said that a B18C7 would make more power mod for mod, or psi for psi? Thanks for telling everyone things they already knew, how useful are you! Bye bye, you've never been a use in any discussion nothing is new here!

Since when does "Stock B16A > Stock B18C > Stock B18CR" mean that I think the B16A will make more power and be more reliable? Last time I checked > means greater than. 'Greater than' is similiar to 'Better' and is entirely subjective and was simply me giving my opinion. And no, the bit I was refering to was the part where I quoted the question, then replied underneath. What kind of hypocrit goes off at me for not reading yet doesn't read, himself?

If the question was, which engine will be more reliable and make more power but I only want to rev to 8500rpm and no more than exactally 10psi, then this case would be a closed book. Unfortunately, the question was far more open.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV

Since when does "Stock B16A > Stock B18C > Stock B18CR" mean that I think the B16A will make more power and be more reliable? Last time I checked > means greater than. 'Greater than' is similiar to 'Better' and is entirely subjective and was simply me giving my opinion.
    lol, this is the dumbest thing i have heard of in a while.

If the question was, which engine will be more reliable and make more power but I only want to rev to 8500rpm and no more than exactally 10psi, then this case would be a closed book. Unfortunately, the question was far more open.
    Then under what circumstances would the b16 be better than? NONE, give up you stooge.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

There's something wrong with you; you can't go a post without an insult it seems, really says something about your intelligence...

Any circumstance involving a budget (i.e. any circumstance short of a race car) the B16 is a better choice. The price difference between the two motors is far greater than the relative "betterness". More power psi for psi is a pointless argument and if you can't see why then you are beyond my help.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    feel like im at a high school debate competition...

guys calm down

Just a dumb obvious point - Grab a "turbo kit" to suit a B series engine ( IE manifold) Put it on a B16a2 , and then onto a B18c7 OR B18c (japanese type R). The best result will be the engines peak power amplified correct ?

So a B18c7/c would be better base. No other factors in this opinion

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    guys calm down

Just a dumb obvious point - Grab a "turbo kit" to suit a B series engine ( IE manifold) Put it on a B16a2 , and then onto a B18c7 OR B18c (japanese type R). The best result will be the engines peak power amplified correct ?

So a B18c7/c would be better base. No other factors in this opinion
    lol, you're such a simpleton and it shows.

Have you ever considered the effect of the cam and its ability to bleed compression... ?
    There will be a point where one engines ability to bleed compression more effectively will outweigh further increases in power per psi...

ever think about that?
    Last edited by ProECU; 27-03-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Your such a troll and it shows Evan

Expand upon which engine of the two (or three) is more or less likely to bleed compression compared to the others ~