Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    True dat but made me realise the fundamental difference between both bottom ends.All good!

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    True dat but made me realise the fundamental difference between both bottom ends.All good!
    difference in the bottom ends depends on which d series bottom end you have. the d15b4 and d15b7 bottom ends are suprisingly strong, and a few have managed to get them up to 9300rpm with any problems. the only thing that causes problems for a d series at those revs is the lack of oil squirters and the fact that its very easy to get an engine revving that high, but very difficult to get it to make power that high. but if you're taking it apart, i dont think there would be much difference between a d series and a b series, or any other straight 4 motor. just because parts are of different strength, doesnt mean that it will be more difficult (unless theyre forged together, thats a whole other ball game).
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

why i ask is cos i don't think paying someone else to build an engine for me, they would never take the time and the fuss as much as i would if i were to build it myself.

I would take my time and do everything right, researching and asking questions where i would be unsure. practicing on an el-cheapo D-series donk would give me a fair idea on how everything is put together and wouldn't matter if it were not done right.

i believe i am competent & confident enough to attempt this on my b18cr after i were to mess up a D donk first.

Thanks for all the helpful replies......

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    why i ask is cos i don't think paying someone else to build an engine for me, they would never take the time and the fuss as much as i would if i were to build it myself.
    I couldn't agree with you more

B20VTEC Build Thread

all you need is an accurate torque wrench and a bunch of other basic tools -

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post

I would take my time and do everything right, researching and asking questions where i would be unsure. practicing on an el-cheapo D-series donk would give me a fair idea on how everything is put together and wouldn't matter if it were not done right.

i believe i am competent & confident enough to attempt this on my b18cr after i were to mess up a D donk first.

Thanks for all the helpful replies......
    ill help you honey

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    That's the go Bludger! get a cheap d on here and teach ya self (with the aid of the interweb)

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Get a hold of the service manuals and I also recommend Omnimans 200hp B16a DVD well worth the money
    Last edited by ZeForce; 09-03-2008 at 07:53 PM.

B20VTEC Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Bumps
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    k series better
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    b16 better
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    d12 strongest internals good for 50+psi