Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord VTi

Problem with Alpine CD Changer

Hi all, I have a Alpine 6 disc CD Changer added to my stock CD5 stereo. The problem is the left side speakers have no bass at all. The right side speakers work fine that is why I could tell the difference between the left and right sides. And this problem occurs only when I play CDs. The speakers on both side work perfectly fine when I listen to radio. This brings the problem down to the Alpine CD Changer unit. I suspect some wirings or connectors might have loosen. While the CD changer located at the boot is fairly easy enough to remove for inspection, the headunit in the car is a bit of a problem. How do I remove the headunit? For this case which part of the system such as wirings etc should I check apart from those connecting the Alpine CD changer with the headunit?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    you got the MOD lead to convert Honda to Alpine and is it done correctly, i know whats wrong but i wont say
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

me too. didnt think they made those leads any more for the CHM-S series of alpine stackers. I *think* I have one lying around here for postage fees if you want it.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    you got the MOD lead to convert Honda to Alpine and is it done correctly, i know whats wrong but i wont say
    Come on pleeaaasseeeee tell me whats wrong!

yep you need a alpine to honda lead. that will fix your probelm.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord VTi
    But it only affects the left row of speakers, is it something to do with the connectors?

the lead will fix it.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord VTi
    Where can I get the lead from? a picture would help. Where does the lead go to in the car? sorry a noob here.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    you cant buy the lead but you need to modify the lead, and basically they wont tell you how to do it ........

why dont you just leave your car with ICACHA for a while, 100% he can fix it for you ..........

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord VTi
    I am in SA while ICACHA is in NSW. Come on guys what's wrong with helping me out? aren't this a forum we supposed to share problems and ideas?

I would say that probably one of the wire is loose, get it out, test it one by one with a meter or something

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    lets say modified the lead? you modified it wrong possibly.

if someone made you an adapter, they made it wrong.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!