Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frequencies

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by arverson View Post
    exactly my point... a shop tuning it without you being there and you being there making them tweak it to what they wouldnt normally tune it to, are different things. you might as well get them to JUST install it & tune it urself.
    Thats odd, I thought the system gets tuned to the car not the listener? If its tuned to the car then the only variable is the recording... I could be wrong here, but I'd like you to prove me wrong.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    lol i really shouldnt have played around with the tuning stuff lol my sub is now making a very strange noise at some bass levels :S..
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    Thats odd, I thought the system gets tuned to the car not the listener? If its tuned to the car then the only variable is the recording... I could be wrong here, but I'd like you to prove me wrong.
    i never said it has to be tuned to the listener. i was gonna mention tuning to get optimum stage height, width, depth, etc, but i dont think johnproctor is even worried about that, no offense jp.

ill rephrase myself.. if his installer tunes it, whats the point if jp is gonna tweak and play around with his eq'ing anyway??

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    i never said it has to be tuned to the listener. i was gonna mention tuning to get optimum stage height, width, depth, etc, but i dont think johnproctor is even worried about that, no offense jp.

ill rephrase myself.. if his installer tunes it, whats the point if jp is gonna tweak and play around with his eq'ing anyway??
    Maybe you mis-understand what tuning is used for in car applications. Regardless of the system thats installed and providing there are some tuning capabilities to the system it gets tuned to the car as would any other system that we do.

Systems get tuned to the indervidual car, no 2 cars (even of same heritage and vintage) have the same acoustic signature via the original system. They will be close but there will (in most cases) be no cigar.

There is a particular curve that we tune cars to, once the desired curve is established (dependant on tuning capabilities of the system of course) you can then sit down and listen or even fine tune the system to taste. Then the only variable should be the original recording. Thats why I absolutely loath iPod and mp3 players as once compressed, the music sounds like ass regardless who the artist is. With the majority of music these days not produced like in the old days (due to artist not forking out the right amount of funds) most systems will sound average at best playing even original top 40 tracks that arent compressed via iPod or mp3, they are compressed while being produced...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    i didnt even have to finish reading your post because you mis-understood me, tuning to get optimum stage height, width, depth is tuning to the car is it not?? but if you say thats tuning to the listener then ill believe ya

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    lol wtf if someone tunes it obviously i wont play around with it.. but iam pretty dam sure they havent tuned shit, they hadnt even taken it out of demo mode when i got the car and nothing was set like bass, subwoofer, treble etc was all set to zero
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

I would prefer a system tune to the preference of the listener/owner..... not car. Some owner prefer bright sounding, some mellow, some with over boosted bass, some with flat frequency response....

I have been in a car with ear shattering, bright sounding tweeters... but the owner is a indian guy and when he pops in his indian songs, it became just right.... funny setup, but he is happy with it....

Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    Thats why I absolutely loath iPod and mp3 players as once compressed, the music sounds like ass regardless who the artist is. With the majority of music these days not produced like in the old days (due to artist not forking out the right amount of funds) most systems will sound average at best playing even original top 40 tracks that arent compressed via iPod or mp3, they are compressed while being produced...
    This I agree with you.... with the stock system, listening to MP3 or ipods is fine, but when you go high end stuffs, thety really sucks. Currently I cant bare to put in my audiophile CDs in my stock system... it really hurts my ears. But then Sydney dont really have much high end CD shops that sell audiophiles, XRCD or SACDs.

No offence dude but that was so far out of context that I think only you and Mr Bean knew exactly what you where talking about.

His fronts are stock so there is not much an installer can do with that? The only real thing that can vary in staging is the position of the listener. If you are a real hardcore dude and have the seat all the way so you can only just see over the window, obviously the stage would be different to someone who sits up straight. The height of the person should also be a factor.
    01 VW Bora fully loaded
    08 Civic Sport stock

Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    lol wtf if someone tunes it obviously i wont play around with it.. but iam pretty dam sure they havent tuned shit, they hadnt even taken it out of demo mode when i got the car and nothing was set like bass, subwoofer, treble etc was all set to zero
    Well most of what I see is a flat EQ and you only fix up anything that is lacking or overpowering. How well you can do this will depend on your EQ. But by the sounds of it they did an awesome strathfield job!!!
    01 VW Bora fully loaded
    08 Civic Sport stock

fiddling with the bass, treble, minor eq adjustment is like adding some salt and pepper to your food after the chef finish cooking it (the tuner finish tuning the system)...

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    but if its tuned for optimum stage h/w/d then it shouldnt be fiddled around with anyway.. unless you're entering sq/spl comps and have to tweak+adjust your settings+install based upon judging scores. thats one extreme tho

jp, i doubt your installer has tuned it optimumly. it takes ALOT of time to achieve that (weeks, most of the time months) and unless both you & your installer have the time i wouldnt worry too much if you're not entering comps. if u got it installed at jb or strathy.. forgeeeet it.

you should be pretty happy with the way it is now tho.