Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frequencies

you can tune a car around 1-2 hours... then you fine tune it... that one usually take like 1 month or so or more.

You drive it around and find that it needs a minor boost or eq somewhere, few days later, you found out the you overboost or over eq somewhere, change your XO slope back and forth.... so and so forth.

Some fine tuning never ends, as the owner will upgrade to better equipment and it begins all over again.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by arverson View Post
    i didnt even have to finish reading your post because you mis-understood me, tuning to get optimum stage height, width, depth is tuning to the car is it not?? but if you say thats tuning to the listener then ill believe ya
    what you're really trying to say is, you have to get the speaker placement right to get what your talking about with stage height, width, depth...

no amount of tuning can give you all 3 when the car is a lemon to start with for audio purposes...

think very carefully what you want to say in regards to tuning and speaker placement, they are 2 different topics. that way it stops people telling others the wrong information to start with and get their hopes up

btw, what is your apparent experience in car audio?
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    I would prefer a system tune to the preference of the listener/owner..... not car. Some owner prefer bright sounding, some mellow, some with over boosted bass, some with flat frequency response....

I have been in a car with ear shattering, bright sounding tweeters... but the owner is a indian guy and when he pops in his indian songs, it became just right.... funny setup, but he is happy with it....
    thats why you get a deck that can still utilise the bass/treble controls to give you that extra sparkle at 10khz or kick at 100hz
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    This I agree with you.... with the stock system, listening to MP3 or ipods is fine, but when you go high end stuffs, thety really sucks. Currently I cant bare to put in my audiophile CDs in my stock system... it really hurts my ears. But then Sydney dont really have much high end CD shops that sell audiophiles, XRCD or SACDs.
    pm me if interested in where to buy quality cd's outside AU

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by mr İharisma View Post
    Well most of what I see is a flat EQ and you only fix up anything that is lacking or overpowering. How well you can do this will depend on your EQ. But by the sounds of it they did an awesome strathfield job!!!
    flat eq? who listens to flat music, must sound like ass... there are many secrets us older folk have be taught over the years and it aint from people on forums giving out incorrect information

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    you can tune a car around 1-2 hours... then you fine tune it... that one usually take like 1 month or so or more.

You drive it around and find that it needs a minor boost or eq somewhere, few days later, you found out the you overboost or over eq somewhere, change your XO slope back and forth.... so and so forth.

Some fine tuning never ends, as the owner will upgrade to better equipment and it begins all over again.
    there is a gadget Alpine have that takes the amateur installer into the pro scene hahahaha its called IMPRINT, electronics do the tuning for you and man does it sound bloody good. should try IMPRINT one day and be amazed at how good a lemon car can sound even with cheap speakers

Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    flat eq? who listens to flat music, must sound like ass... there are many secrets us older folk have be taught over the years and it aint from people on forums giving out incorrect information
    Yeah you must be going on 60 soon? I prefer to START the EQ from flat and work from there. Just me though.
    01 VW Bora fully loaded
    08 Civic Sport stock

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    smiley face

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    icacha, i may have worded it wrong but as long as you now understand the point i was trying to make then its all good

i opened up a new can of worms that probably wasnt really needed in this thread

i dont own one of australias top workshops or have the decades of experience you have, but im not a complete idiot

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    hence why i said think before you post because you were giving the wrong information to the question.

not saying im an expert as many people out there think they are, just that im good at what i do

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    i dunno why but i feel like when iam driving the sub doesnt sound as loud but when i have come to a stop at a traffic light or something it sounds louder is there anything which could cause something like this or is it just my mind playing tricks on me :P
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    no its not your mind playing tricks on you, its the way its been set up...