IS350 F Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by kn1ghtm4r3 View Post
    LOLOL but is the slowest of all ahaah
    Not if the manual driver is too busy posing No offence Moon

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by Whispaa View Post
    Your a knob, not a gear stick knob either.
    Do you write your own material?

seriously man... why do we always off topic here???? =S

back to topic ffs!!!

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Not if the manual driver is too busy posing No offence Moon
    No. While we change gears, you have all the time in the world to pose.

In all seriousness, my comment was not about driving a manual, but knowing how to. Case in point: In an emergency if you need to drive a manual and you can't you are screwed.

I'm saying that it should be part of your driving test and I can't think of a good reason why it isn't.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    Your a knob, not a gear stick knob either.
    What's wrong with using a car as a method of transport, rather than thinking you're Super Saiyan Goku in Tokyo Drift?
    hahahahhahahah super saiyan!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ktvin09 View Post
    I personally never get why people think they're better just because they drive a manual... It's like saying "I don't use microwave to defrost my meat pie... I put it under the sun"
    these are 2 very funny comments...i enjoyed reading them...i respect both of these men

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    ROFL @ Type-R Auto (unless it has 6 gears )

That is all.
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    IS350 F Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post
    Do you write your own material?
    I'll be here all week! *bows*
    My biography + additional material is on sale at all leading book stores.

No. While we change gears, you have all the time in the world to pose.
    I stand by the belief that only women can multi-task

In all seriousness, my comment was not about driving a manual, but knowing how to. Case in point: In an emergency if you need to drive a manual and you can't you are screwed.

I'm saying that it should be part of your driving test and I can't think of a good reason why it isn't.
    Fair enough.

However, I can't think of a good reason why you would need to purchase a manual car in the first place. Wouldn't it be ideal if all cars were automatic?

Besides, what are the chances of you being stuck in the desert with a manual car and a full tank of petrol?
    The chances of needing to drive a manual car in the case of an emergency is too slim, to force it upon those who can't be bothered.

There are plenty of what-if scenarios that should be covered off, but it's not realistic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic

The chances of needing to drive a manual car in the case of an emergency is too slim, to force it upon those who can't be bothered.
    Your kidding aren't you??

My brother and his (now) wife went 4WDing down some tracks to go romantic bush walking in my brothers manual Hilux when they first met. While bush walking my brother was bitten by a red belly (for those city folks - a highly venomous snake) just below his right knee. No mobile reception, and about 10kms to a sealed road, about 30kms to a hospital/doctors. Luckily they were only a few metres away from the vehicle. But what my brother now finds out is that his new girlfriend has NEVER driven a manual vehicle before. BUGGER!
    He was able to give her quick instructions and she got them within mobile reception (in about 45mins when it should have only taken around 5mins max) where he called a mate who lived nearby and took him to the hospital. Almost lost his leg, but luckily didn't. If it had of been a brown snake he would of easily died or been seriously injured due to the extra time taken.

As a less serious case, what if you and your girlfriend (friends/brother/sister whoever) are out somewhere in your manual car, you want to have a few drinks, or you feel sick/tired etc. ?

Wouldn't it be ideal if all cars were automatic?
    No!! because people like me who live just out of the big smoke refuse to own automatic cars. I hate them, I "feel" like i have no control of the vehicle.
    The only way i would own an auto is if i travelled in sydney traffic everyday, which isnt going to happen...
    I guess you would also want all motor bikes to be automatic too?

Quote Originally Posted by hogs View Post
    but she's can't drive manual and I don't think even if she learns, she will be good at it.(sshhh)
    Try to teach her, i taught my girlfriend to drive a manual by giving her a short lesson every 2nd night, she picked it up perfectly within 3 weeks.
    And trust me, she was at the time the most goofy driver you will ever meet...
    Last edited by Felix; 11-03-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Besides, what are the chances of you being stuck in the desert with a manual car and a full tank of petrol?
    Almost 100%. Almost all vehicles used to cross a desert are manual (and 4x4).

Can't be bothered = 3 words that make you lose out compared to the rest of the population who succeed in life/career/family. I'm not talking about driving manual here, but everything else in daily life.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    IS350 F Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Your kidding aren't you??

My brother and his (now) wife went 4WDing down some tracks to go romantic bush walking
    Read my post again mate. How many people around the world, go bush walking and get bitten by a snake?

Does that mean EVERYONE would need to know how to drive a manual car?

The argument was: people who learn to drive should learn how to drive manual.

Why should everyone who wants to drive, need to learn to drive manual because one in say, a few thousand people ,may go bush walking and may get bitten by a snake?

It's like sayin, everyone in the world needs to learn First Aid, give CPR and carry a box of Hello Kitty band aids, just in case you fall over, cut your leg and stop breathing.

You thinking is too narrow minded and only cater for a small minority.

As a less serious case, what if you and your girlfriend (friends/brother/sister whoever) are out somewhere in your manual car, you want to have a few drinks, or you feel sick/tired etc. ?
    If I plan on drinking, I'd organise transport. If I end up feeling sick, we always have the option of catching a Taxi.

Again, does this scenario require that EVERYONE who learns to drive, need to learn manual? No.

No!! because people like me who live just out of the big smoke refuse to own automatic cars. I hate them, I "feel" like i have no control of the vehicle.
    I used the words NEED for a reason. Your statement was about your personal choice.

The only way i would own an auto is if i travelled in sydney traffic everyday, which isnt going to happen...
    I guess you would also want all motor bikes to be automatic too?
    So just because you don't travel in Sydney traffic, the rest of us HAVE to learn manual? A tad selfish ain't it?

And trust me, she was at the time the most goofy driver you will ever meet...
    It's not about whether or not a person can learn it. The argument revolves around whether it not it should be mandetory. I'm sure a majority of people who drive Auto only can learn how to drive manual. They choose NOT to because their daily lifestyle doesn't REQUIRE it.

I agree, it would be handy for everyone who drives learns to drive manual, however it's not realistic nor is it required.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Almost 100&#37;. Almost all vehicles used to cross a desert are manual (and 4x4).
    I'm sure theres a higher population of people who don't live in the desert. Why make EVERYONE learn manual because of the minority?

Edit: What are the chances of you being in the desert in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Can't be bothered = 3 words that make you lose out compared to the rest of the population who succeed in life/career/family. I'm not talking about driving manual here, but everything else in daily life.
    I agree with that.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    This debate over learning to drive manual actually stems from the option of having your driving test done in an auto. In quite a few countries, cars used for driving tests must be manuals.

Anyway, if you can't drive manual, no biggie, just call for a cab if it is an emergency. It's not the end of the world if someone can't drive manual like how Felix makes it out to be.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    lol @ arguments

how are any of the above posts 'technically' got to do with the civic ?

makes me funnehz