Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to buy?

What to buy?

Hey guys,

As most will know it is quite hard to find most of the options available to replace a particular item in your stereo for $XXX. Below are some of the options available for you to choose from. It is a guide only, prices will vary. I will be adding more at a later date. The 1st is a 12 and 13inch subwoofer guide, the second is a 6 / 6.5 inch 2 way component guide and the last is a mono block guide.

If I have missed anything please let me know
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12inch and 13inch Subwoofer Options.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	8248   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6inch Component Options.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	8249   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mono Block Amplifier Options.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	8250  
    01 VW Bora fully loaded
    08 Civic Sport stock

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    some people might not be happy about this, but good effort anyway. hopefully this helps people and this lessons all the 'ive got $xxx, wat to get' threads.

wats lists are you coming up with next??
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    how about a list of what fits my car and sounds the way i want it to sound for cars from 1970 (or earlier) to current?

think you can copy and paste that from somewhere? LMAO

edit: lets say hypothetically you have $1000 to spend, what if it dont fit or sound the way the owner wants it to?

3 things make good car audio...

1: the car
    2: the budget
    3: the time

missing any of the above and you're gonna be left with a lemon, its not about brands, its about the MUSIC
    Last edited by ICACHA; 10-03-2008 at 05:42 PM.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    missing alot of data, but is a good start.
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

What do you think it needs?

edit: lets say hypothetically you have $1000 to spend, what if it dont fit or sound the way the owner wants it to? Well as you said point number 3 is the time, you can make anything fit if you have the time. Then there is no point having the time if you don't have the budget... then of course no car will through all that out the window... The whole idea is to help narrow down choices and by no mean is what to buy. Audition audition audition.. ICACHA you should know that better than some.

I am sorry it is jpeg, the stupid forum only has 19.5k .doc limit so it didn't fit as a word document.

ICACHA I could make you that list but I don't like you lol
    Last edited by mr İharisma; 10-03-2008 at 06:33 PM.
    01 VW Bora fully loaded
    08 Civic Sport stock

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    where does it say i care? plus im not gay either
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

thats not what you told me last week.... :O

its all about the sweet music, well thats what you keep saying to me anyway...
    01 VW Bora fully loaded
    08 Civic Sport stock

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    there is one name for you and it starts with T and ends with L

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    install also plays a huge part. not a bad list but not extremely comprehensive (eg. dynaudio doesnt get a mention).

the 'best setup for XXXX' guide on the fhrx studios page is also worth a look for potential buyers though...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    install also plays a huge part. not a bad list but not extremely comprehensive (eg. dynaudio doesnt get a mention).

the 'best setup for XXXX' guide on the fhrx studios page is also worth a look for potential buyers though...
    Yeah they didn't get a mention because nothing applyed. The Lists are divided into sections. The first is 6 and 6.5inch 2 way components. Dynaudio have nothing that fits that bill... Same with Morel, the 3 way and 9inch sets are not listed either. Plus I didn't bother with Cadence, Audiobahn, JVC, Panasonic. This is similar to FHRX studio guide but for individual items as I think 80% of people buy stuff in stages ( or do fronts + amp then amp + sub later ).

As I said it is not a what to buy, its a whats available for your money.
    01 VW Bora fully loaded
    08 Civic Sport stock

Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    there is one name for you and it starts with T and ends with L
    Ahhh you haven't changed

I thought you didn't care.... but you always have to last word. I have missed going head to head with you
    01 VW Bora fully loaded
    08 Civic Sport stock

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by mr İharisma View Post
    Yeah they didn't get a mention because nothing applyed. The Lists are divided into sections. The first is 6 and 6.5inch 2 way components. Dynaudio have nothing that fits that bill... Same with Morel, the 3 way and 9inch sets are not listed either. Plus I didn't bother with Cadence, Audiobahn, JVC, Panasonic. This is similar to FHRX studio guide but for individual items as I think 80% of people buy stuff in stages ( or do fronts + amp then amp + sub later ).

As I said it is not a what to buy, its a whats available for your money.
    yeh fair call leaving out the lower spec products. the mw 162 fits nearly all 6.5 inch applications, but since it is actually 7" you are technically correct