Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headlights

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD

Headlights

hey guys got a quick question,

i've done a search already, so i thought i'd brave the question...mite sound stupid...

I installed the mtec HID lightbulbs...all went well...the shit thing is where the highbeam is situated there is a little lightbulb which makes my headlight look funny with white and yellow.

Can this be changed, and if so what type of bulb do i buy...

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Buy these little T10 parkers they match up really well,

click here

I think what you mean is the parker bulbs.. It can be easily changed.. Look at your manual, its on page no: 278.. Change the parker bulbs to MTEC white parker bulbs or white LEDs and you should be fine..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD
    you guys are awesome...cheers...

on a side note, do you guys know if USA model dvd players can be played in Australia?

SPEWING...parents got one from america...was annoyed it only had one RCA now i find out it cant play radio....

THANKS HEAPS!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD
    just had a look at book jckids pge 278 is how to change the lowbeam light, ive already changed that

you know in the highbeam light there is a little globe..how do i get to that?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by jorn View Post
    just had a look at book jckids pge 278 is how to change the lowbeam light, ive already changed that

you know in the highbeam light there is a little globe..how do i get to that?

this has been covered heaps of times but it is easy

drivers side just stick ur hand down and rotate it and pull it out replace the wedge bulb stick it back in and twist.

passenger side remove the coolant bottle and do the same as the drivers side.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD
    yeah my bad, just did it...! cheers all

Quote Originally Posted by jorn View Post
    yeah my bad, just did it...! cheers all
    my only question is, how long did you take to put that coolant tank back? lol... It only took me 5 mins to change the bulb, but 30 minutes to put that reservoir back.. haha

hows the glare with ur MTEC HID?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by jckidz View Post
    I think what you mean is the parker bulbs.. It can be easily changed.. Look at your manual, its on page no: 278.. Change the parker bulbs to MTEC white parker bulbs or white LEDs and you should be fine..
    i prefer u go with bulbs. not leds. coz leds only max 3 leds T10 can fit in, and it's not bright enough. if u go, lets say 6 leds T10, the head won't fit into ur headlamp (not the socket).
    my 2cents
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD
    i havent installed that bulb yet, i only put the Mtec bulb in, so now i got bright white and a yellow light....hahah i hate it, i was looking on ebay, and then i searched jaycar, they had one cheap too...went and brought it and it dun freakin work...

dmx, what bulb do u recommend...i want to buy...

xquzit...this is just the bulb yeah...personally it looks cool when looking at the light but its not as bright as normal halogen.

jckids...i tell you when i find the bulb!