Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2

Exhaust systems DC2

hey guys,
    wanting to ask ur opinions on exhaust system. driving a DC2 and have a stock exhaust..

1.) wanting to increase noise factor - not to loud!
    2.) better air flow / performance

my knowledge is not that great on exhaust / cat back systems but i know buddy clubs, apexi, etc are all brands that are quite $$. can i just go to any exhaust place in melb and ask for their opinions of custom made?

what is the best buy for my needs?
    is it just worth spending $$ on a good muffler? or buying the whole system?

looking forward to hear a great discussion abt brands, noise and performance on exhaust and mufflers.

thanks

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    This is for a DC2R right?

people will tell you Spoon, Mugen, Buddyclub etc are the best ever.. better than a custom exhaust.

Do REAL race cars use off the shelf bolt on parts - answer is no.

What you have to be careful about if the headers. 5zigen make a good, affordable header - you might be inclined to check them out.

As for Cat back - B-pipe section (from Cat to muffler) - a b-pipe is a b-pipe, as long as it's Mandrel bent. So 'custom' b-pipe are perfectly fine.
    Alternatively, buy a Vision B-pipe for ~$350. They are pretty much, or if not exactly identical to Spoon B-pipes.

I assume you want the axel back (muffler) to look good, as you are one of those "I want to increase noise factor" people. I would look at getting a Spoon Muffler or something along those lines.

Different exhausts sound different... Just look up on Youtube, and listen to type of exhausts.
    Last edited by ricki_kalsi; 11-03-2008 at 09:48 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    ^^^^
    I agree with this for one point though. Race teams have dedicated R&D which they spend amazing amounts of money on.
    Unfortunately MOST exhaust shops dont have this facility to research what works and what doesnt this includes size/flow/resonators etc.

If you know exactly what you want then tell the exhaust shop...but not all exhaust shops know what is right for YOUR car. So dont take their word for it because they are not going to slander their own products "Of COURSE my exhausts work!".

Depending on what you want you can go 2 & 1/4 or 2 & 1/2 or inbetween the two.

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=451
    I found the articles and information in here very helpful.

Shows alot exhausts and explanations about custom vs shelf items.

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    For DC2, I would use 60mm - Closer to 2 & 1/4 inch, as majority of the Jap exhaust run this width.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    hey that site really is quite cool.
    just wandering for Value of $$
    which brands would u prefer? i have heard:
    Skunk
    Magnaflow
    Apexi
    Twinloop

what are the major differences - performance n sound?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    anyone selling exhausts?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by ricki_kalsi View Post
    This is for a DC2R right?

people will tell you Spoon, Mugen, Buddyclub etc are the best ever.. better than a custom exhaust.

Do REAL race cars use off the shelf bolt on parts - answer is no.

What you have to be careful about if the headers. 5zigen make a good, affordable header - you might be inclined to check them out.

As for Cat back - B-pipe section (from Cat to muffler) - a b-pipe is a b-pipe, as long as it's Mandrel bent. So 'custom' b-pipe are perfectly fine.
    Alternatively, buy a Vision B-pipe for ~$350. They are pretty much, or if not exactly identical to Spoon B-pipes.

I assume you want the axel back (muffler) to look good, as you are one of those "I want to increase noise factor" people. I would look at getting a Spoon Muffler or something along those lines.

Different exhausts sound different... Just look up on Youtube, and listen to type of exhausts.
    where abouts have you seen the vision bpipes go for ~350?
    ++ mrwillz fan club ++

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    I'd recommend a Twin Loop if you dont want it too loud, with custom catback. I have a X-Force TwinLoop axle back and isnt over loud. Its definantly noticeable from outside, but inside the cabin there isnt much differance. Im presuming installing a custom catback would change this alot.

Twin Loops have a nice deep tone at low RPM, they don't sound farty or metallic. They also look stealth/not over the top. Depends on your tastes, as mentioned before you can check out alot on YouTube. Most CANNONs or exhausts like the spoon N1 or buddyclub are very loud, sound fantastic (at WOT above 5500rpm) but sound pretty horrible at low rpm(below 4500)...which is where you are the majority of the time.

Regards,
    Andrew
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    yeah good post spoony.. def true that i do drive main below 4500 haha
    so just want something simple n stylish without goin to overboard.

how much did u set up ur system??

iv got a few ranges i can go with:
    - can get a spoon n1 tail for me for $600
    - anyone heard of the hks power getters ? anygood??
    - or i can just go to like all the muffler places arnd melbourne and get custom made for $600-800..
    - a dc2r stock system but dont know if there is any increase as much as a new system

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    where r good custom exhausts places to be at in melb??
    anyone go to mr mufflers?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by vkhaw View Post
    yeah good post spoony.. def true that i do drive main below 4500 haha
    so just want something simple n stylish without goin to overboard.

how much did u set up ur system??

iv got a few ranges i can go with:
    - can get a spoon n1 tail for me for $600
    - anyone heard of the hks power getters ? anygood??
    - or i can just go to like all the muffler places arnd melbourne and get custom made for $600-800..
    - a dc2r stock system but dont know if there is any increase as much as a new system
    if u want to keep it relatively quiet, why dont you get a dc2r muffler and custom piping? thatd be a nice n affordable setup. spend more on the extractors, as thatd be where most of your power will be netted
    ++ mrwillz fan club ++

Member Array
    Car:
    hondaless
    if you like it loud, then the spoon n1 is a good choice buddy. but in my opinion its too loud as i have one myself with a full exhaust system ie headers custom b-pipe to a spoon n1 axleback. im looking into getting a mugen twinloop or just a standard dc2r muffler.
    Winton PB - 1:34.90
    Phillip Island PB - 1:50.02

" Nothing beats spooning "