Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    nope shit brakes smaller than that with a shit caliper and shit all round

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    what he means it egs generally have smaller rotors, caliper which are worse than the ek/dc ones
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4lyf
    Quote Originally Posted by riruiz_88 View Post
    dosnt the EG come standard with 262mm, well the Si?
    232mm or something like that. tiny lol
    CEE CEE DUB U

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_kid View Post
    232mm or something like that. tiny lol
    245i think ? ( abouts) for the Si /vti fronts. But rears are exactly the same as EK4/EM1/EG6/DC2/DC4 etc.
    Upgrade the fronts to atleast 262mm and relevant knuckle and caliper and look at atleast a ek4/dc2 brakebooster+master cylinder

why not just get 5 lug? 282mm fron rotors. more options on rims and similar in price to convert..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    282 brakes will be a better option but in an eg the 262's with good pads will go well, as for wheel option on the 5 stud, depending on the wheel make, alot more size/offset options in smaller wheels 15/16'' to be had then 5 stud as they cater for the vehicle, so the wheels available are more suited to ek9/dc2r and not eg's.

Good luck with the conversion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    why not just get 5 lug? 282mm fron rotors. more options on rims and similar in price to convert..
    well just for the hubs would cost me $1500, and the wheels would be an extra $1000-$2000 plus rubber will cost close to $5000. not worth it in my opinion

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    245i think ? ( abouts) for the Si /vti fronts. But rears are exactly the same as EK4/EM1/EG6/DC2/DC4 etc.
    Upgrade the fronts to atleast 262mm and relevant knuckle and caliper and look at atleast a ek4/dc2 brakebooster+master cylinder
    oh thanks for the info man, never knew that . i will be getting booster/cylinder at a later date, need the dosh first. will the aus spec DC2R booster/cylinder bolt-on to my EG? or are there little modifications to be done?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    its bolt on.

if u install the brakes first and run stock mc and booster, it feels like shit. fit the mc and booster at the same time as brakes.
    mugen無限power

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_vtec View Post
    its bolt on.

if u install the brakes first and run stock mc and booster, it feels like shit. fit the mc and booster at the same time as brakes.
    im not gonna bolt it on as soon as i get the brakes. i gonna get some important bits first: bearing, pads and rubber. but if you say it wont be much difference with stock booster/cylinder, then ill save up more for it. is it very hard to fit a booster/cylinder?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    wow thread from way ago haha. i have now upgraded both master cylinder and booster. went from stock 13/16 to civic vtir 15/16. it has definitely increased brake response aswell as confidence that i will be able to stop. i must say that this mod is one of the best bang for buck mods you can do to your brakes.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    bumping old thread because google redirect me to this page while looking for ek9 rear rotor height.
    anyone can share some info for ek9/dc2r rear rotor offset/height?

thanks fellas.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre