Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    I just drove a new Lancer to Kakadu NP and back yesterday (130km/h now the legal limit in NT). I can say that they are impressively stable at speed with an excellent ride. Much better than Euro. Buuuut! The noise from the road/tyres was totally mind-numbing!

I wonder if the new Ralliart Lancer and then the new EVO are any better noise-wise? These cars are potential Euro replacements. Particularly if they are as stabe as the Lancer at speed. The Euro is hopelessly unstable at sustained high speed.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Accord Euro 5AT
    No... I will not drive anything from mazda every again - they are expensive to service... my sister's SP23 and my previous car - the 626 Wagon has numerous things that were expensive to fix and service is way more than the Euro's service at GWS Honda .

My old man owned the really old 1986ish toyota camry wagon (before he traded that in for the 1995 Nissan Maxima 30G) . When we brought the Euro, he was impressed by the service cost; so definitely Honda and Toyota would be good choices ...
    Last edited by IVTECS4; 15-03-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    Ive considered buying an MPS3, its the price that puts me off, its a great little car just seems like alot of money over the sp23 once you factor in the sports pack.
    I think the best way to look at it is in comparison the its competitors. Ie the GTi, WRX, CTR and the soon(ish) to be released Ralliart Lancer. $/kW wise it is the best of the afore mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped
    As for the new wrx, id really consider one if the seating position wasnt so bad.

Ive tried to sit in them a few times, im reasonably tall and in a manual wrx trying to clutch my knee hits the steering wheel.
    Anyone tall had the chance to sit in one and really fiddle with the sitting position?
    is it possible to get a comfortable position?
    The driver seat has a height adjustment on the RHS. Did you make sure it was all the way down?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    erm, nope. 190kw at the fly, courtesy of mazda.com.au. this would equate to around 142kw atw, assuming 25% drivetrain loss.

to achieve 170kwatw it would need to be putting out around 212kw at the fly. which it doesnt.

it also isnt a sedan, so thats probably why it doesnt have the sedan feel of the euro.

one is a hot hatch, the other is a sporty family sedan - it pretty much comes down to whether you prefer a more refined cruiser in the euro, or something with decent power, but that is smaller and not as well built (im not saying the mazdas are poorly built per se, but comparing mazdas and hondas i've driven, ive always found the hondas to be superior)
    ive seen multiple dyno sheets for the MPS6 and 3... bone stock the MPS6 gets between 145-155kw at all four wheels and the MPS3 gets 160-5kw at the front wheels...

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode View Post
    I think the best way to look at it is in comparison the its competitors. Ie the GTi, WRX, CTR and the soon(ish) to be released Ralliart Lancer. $/kW wise it is the best of the afore mentioned.

The driver seat has a height adjustment on the RHS. Did you make sure it was all the way down?

Price for kw isnt really the best way to by a car though, it does offer good bang for your buck but the gti/wrx/crx imo are finished much nicer then the mps3.

Im definately going to be looking at the new ralliart lancer when its realised, seems like it'll be a great buy

I think the height adjustment in the wrx was right down, but ill be sure to try it again
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Ive got an MPS3 with semi slicks, so the traction problem is fixed. Love it because so many people think they're inferior to the WRX but find out they were incorrect.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    ive seen multiple dyno sheets for the MPS6 and 3... bone stock the MPS6 gets between 145-155kw at all four wheels and the MPS3 gets 160-5kw at the front wheels...
    Correct - stock MPS3's put down around 160kw ATW

Im yet to dyno mine properly with dump pipe, race pipe, cai, bov but I will shortly and let you know

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro std 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    ^^ Depends which dyno you use
    Hehe, but you're right, it's 25% usually as the rule of thumb from fly to wheel.

Have you guys tested the MPS3? It turns fast as long as you don't touch the accelerator before you are past the apex and on the straight again. Wheel spin heaven, that one...
    Yeah I have test driven the MPS3 on a Mazda dealer, my God it's really fast. Heavenly unforgivable acceleration, I saw 130km/h already on a single full accelerate on 70km/h zone. While the acceleration is superb, but the manual gearbox was like a dead stick, it feels really heavy to change a gear alongside the clutch. That's why I got stalled two times!
    2006 CL9 Accord Euro 6MT - Nighthawk Black Pearl
    Mods: | 5,000k Polarg HID Bulb | PIAA LED Licence Plate & Parking Light Bulb |

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    ^^ you what now?

i dont like the mazda gearbox's... parents got a mazda6 and its terrible... reverse is really hard to get into...

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    mps !
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    The MPS3 is a very good car. I've driven my mate's one a few times and the rolling acceleration is awesome but there's a fair bit of torque steer from a standing start and it also plow understeers a lot around corners. The gearshift is short and accurate but notchy. It's definitely good competition for the WRX. (not quite STi/Evo level though).

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 28RAG View Post
    Ive got an MPS3 with semi slicks, so the traction problem is fixed. Love it because so many people think they're inferior to the WRX but find out they were incorrect.
    WRX is quicker to 100km/h purely because of its traction off the mark. The MPS3 has a higher mph at the end of the quarter and its in gear acceleration IS better than the WRX. The MP3S is a good little car....it's just that the WRX has longer history than the MP3S. The MP3S is just starting to gain a decent reputation it is really the uneducated that call it 'inferior'.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq