Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array

should i get this crx?

hi, i have been looking at crx's for some time now and am considering this one. wouldn't mind getting some opinions first. be honest as possible.

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=151627&curr ent_rec=1&total_rec=7&sort_type=&make_id=19&model_ id=344&keyword=vtec&state_id=-1&search_distance=25

for the lazy, here is the description:
    Definetly one of the best CRX's in Australia. Nothing overlooked, in showroom condition with absolutely everything covered. Full Custom Cyber Series II Bodykit sprayed in Candy Green with Gold pearl, Full custom white leather interior (even the floor), Momo Street Racer Bucket seats (retrimmed in white leather), momo steering wheel/gearknob, 3 Autometer Tachos (including Monster tacho) M3 side mirrors, BMW Halo Projectors, $7000 worth of stereo equipment (12 speaker system with 3 amps), genuine Enkei G-zero 18" chrome rims in Nitto/Faulken rubber, 2001 B16A2 VTEC conversion (Less than 50,000K done on the engine -the body has done 168,000) managed by Microtech MT8 computer, with custom 2.75" exhaust through to twin 4" tips with K&N air filter. New Gearbox, clutch & heavy duty battery installed recently. Too much more to mention. Must see. Genuine buyers only - no joyriders. Price is Negotiable!*

he has offered to take 17,000 for it and has put about 20k worth of mods on it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	316023.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	257   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107_0762.JPG 
Views:	407 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	316035.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	259  

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    Mate Question is Why do u want to get it?
    personally i think it's too much..
    the paint job the interior

but at the end of the day..
    if u like it..then get it..
    but me?
    i wouldnt take it even if sum1 offered me money to take it
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

omg, i didnt know he had put that up for sale,, i personally love this crx as was one of the first i ever saw... go for it

ps. then removed the spoiler LOL

Newcomer Array
    interesting, personally i like it but don't want to be driving around with people dissing me. so far most people are black or white with this car, even here.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    if you did buy it would you drive it daily or just on weekends,
    looks like a car I would only cruse on weekends. ( thats if I would even cruse it )

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    if you a car enthusiast, and i think you are i would suggest you buy it. dont you wanna buy a car and put you own touch on the car. if you buy that you will by driving someone elses project. but it up to you in the end
    KK24AA

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit
    Definetly one of the best CRX's in Australia
    Ummm... sorry but would definitely have to disagree. The kit looks shit esp, that wing and the stainless rods. Those light covers look crap, the exhaust set up looks crap and in the general the car is way overdone :S The only half decent things are the interior and paint, but even then...

I personally think that you could find something a lot better for that price. I love those CRXs, except too many have been overdone IMO. Simple and smooth looks the best. Maybe start your own project??

TRD Rolla

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by trd_rolla
    Ummm... sorry but would definitely have to disagree. The kit looks shit esp, that wing and the stainless rods. Those light covers look crap, the exhaust set up looks crap and in the general the car is way overdone :S The only half decent things are the interior and paint, but even then...

I personally think that you could find something a lot better for that price. I love those CRXs, except too many have been overdone IMO. Simple and smooth looks the best. Maybe start your own project??

TRD Rolla
    i love the interior (maybe better if it was velvet, i hate leather smell :P)
    but the rest of the car isnt my taste, and espically its worth the money his asking..

so what if he spent 20k on it, u never get ur money back on mods!
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Newcomer Array
    hmm so thumbs down.......what do you guys think its worth then

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    2001 b16a2? which car did this come off?

i KNOW im probably wrong here, but i was not aware that there were any b16a's after the em1, which i thought finished production in 2000 or there abouts? again, correct me if im wrong.

2.75" zorst? enough said. even if it is managed by an aftermarket computer.

the kit and paint job? lol.

if u want a head turner (whether good or bad, this will turn heads) then go for it. but from what i can see, everything on this car - apart form the b16a (which im not even sure is correct information) - seems to be for show.

IMHO.

good luck!
    when do we hit vtec?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    add a few more grands on top and get a DC2r

Newcomer Array
    he said it came off a civic but the last guy he bought it off just told him it was b16a2. no real proof so i assume its older.

i do not want to much unwanted attention, just something that is a little unique.

as for show it WAS a show car. but that is not the main purpose i want to use it for. i will be cruzing on saturday/sunday and driving to school twice a week. if i get keyed i will farken explode since this is all my money.

so if i was to get it what would you recomend i do to tone it down? cut off double wing to have just the bobtail remaining?

does anybody know any good crx's going round with vtec?