Hybrid View

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1991 honda civic

91 honda civic ed3

I have a 91 civic which is pretty much stock except for a K&N air filter, sports exhaust and 16in G-Max wheels. I was just wondering if you guys could tell me what else i should legally modify and what brands would be the best (for an average wage earner). I was thinking of upgrading my exhaust system to a full Lukey exhaust system.

PS do you need a permit for a bodykit?

I dont think you need a 'permit' for a bodykit. If you want to keep everything legit you will need to tell your insurance company about any mods, such as a bodykit, exhaust etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    what's a mugen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    ill wash urs u wash mine?

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    well the basic mods are intake/header/exhaust so you could go after new headers and a catback exhaust system but tbh they will net you only very minor gains on that car. the only thing you are really going to get is a slightly meatier exhaust note which you prob already have. you do not need a permit for a bodykit.

imho putting any sort of money into modifying that engine will be a waste. if you are dead set on keeping the car maybe look into engine conversions but generally ur prob better off just saving up for a better car

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1991 honda civic
    Any ideas what would be a good engine to fit in and roughly how much it will cost?

Best thing to do is start searching, there is heaps of info on conversions around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    what's a mugen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    ill wash urs u wash mine?

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    why do people always bag a d series when they know absolutely nothing of its potential.

head to www.onecamonly.com, and you can get bits and pieces that will make your car before better than a b series motor, without spending as much as you would if you were to convert it. i just had high compression p29s, head shaved 1mm, metal head gasket, stage 2 cams, adjustable cam gears, exhaust + extractors + intake, titanium valvetrain, etc. all done for 2.5k fitted and tuned (including parts cost) and i managed to hit 104fwkw, with a powerband that goes from 4k to 8k. with the right gear and tuning, even more power is possible.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.