Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    car is manual, the air sensor you just use the existing one and bolt it on the CAI and theres no warning message reving too high.

I will try and post a video clip on but not untill my premium pretrol runs out, i had to use premium because they ran outta ultimate.
    Last edited by Frost_FD; 20-03-2008 at 08:58 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost_FD View Post
    car is manual, the air sensor you just use the existing one and bolt it on the CAI and theres no warning message reving too high.

I will try and post a video clip on but not untill my premium pretrol runs out, i had to use premium because they ran outta ultimate.
    I'd imagine it would be similar (or better) build quality than my Typhoon which has a special slot where the MAF slots in. Only difference I can tell from the photo is that my MAF is actually positioned *inside* whereas the MAF on the Injen CAI is on the side.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    What's wrong with premium? FD1 is spec'ed for regular.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Its seems to be less responsive and the noise from the cai is not as loud when using ultimate.

Ive been using ultimate for the pass 2 years this is the first time i poured premium and i notice the difference.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD
    so do you think it be worthwhile if i got one for an auto...

im over the performance thing, getting to old i think, but if the response is alot better its not to bad.

i think i found the seller ur talking about he said 44US shipping

so 320us od..thats not to bad...

i put 17 " rims in yday and the car has lost its smoothness...*sigh* i cant win

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    I dont think you can get injen for auto unless they made a new model for it.

44 US probably slow post...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Does it really make a difference if auto or manual?

I'm under the impression that CAIs/intakes don't distort the performance that much on their own, and that the changes they do have on performance are recognised by the MAF sensor. After all, I have the Typhoon intake in my automatic FD1.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    I thought we had this discussion before on the other thread intake for non sports fd if it was compatible with auto or not.

I forgot what the ending results where but since Jace put the typhoon in fine it should be ok then

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I thought we had this discussion before on the other thread intake for non sports fd if it was compatible with auto or not.

I forgot what the ending results where but since Jace put the typhoon in fine it should be ok then
    LOL i also forget the results especially with 100s of posts to read through.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    why wouldnt it fit on an auto...

edit - sorry nvm lol theres already been a thread on this

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    In the Typhoon, the automatic transmission dipstick is blocked by the intake.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

CAI will bog down the car when in low rpm and will just rob more torque from the already torqueless engine. I can feel it even on my car (injen cai) there is less torque down low, but the increase at top end is noticeable