Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004

Air Filter / Lowering / Grills

I currently live in maroubra (sydney) im looking to buy just a K&N air filter for euro but have no idea where to get them from, or how much they will cost.

Also im looking to lower the car about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 inches depending on how far down it will actually come from the wheel base. Does anyone know a good place to do this at as well as costing for it, i just want new springs, coil overs are too pricy for me and i dont plan to take it to the track either.

Finally, does anyone know where i can get one of those custom black grills, ive seen them on so many accords and have fallen in love with them.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    just in regards to the k&n drop in filter if you want travell down to Burwood and within westfield theres a shop there called Motoequip that sell them.

kmac do custom height springs don't know how good they are though never used them before. or you can go for the other names like king springs, eibach, tein, etc.

the grill you refer to is most likely to be the mugen sports grill not sure where you can get them from here in australia or you can try your luck on ebay

ooo i have a neighbour

just go order one from IS motor racing in rockdale. but i like the euroR grill > mugen

and i dont think tein springs go that low, gotta check~

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    thanx heaps.
    im heading out to burwood now

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by iizzii View Post
    thanx heaps.
    im heading out to burwood now
    if them a ring before you head out there, last thing you want to do it turn up and they say they don't have it in stock, but then again you can always order it there and then.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    already rang up

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by traumatized View Post
    just in regards to the k&n drop in filter if you want travell down to Burwood and within westfield theres a shop there called Motoequip that sell them.

kmac do custom height springs don't know how good they are though never used them before. or you can go for the other names like king springs, eibach, tein, etc.

the grill you refer to is most likely to be the mugen sports grill not sure where you can get them from here in australia or you can try your luck on ebay
    Is this a filter that will fit into the standard air filter box on the Euro? If so what benefits if any are there of doing this?
    Thanks heaps,
    Mike

Member Array
    Car:
    Go for the Euro R Grille and Badge. IMO it is nicer and somehow also seems to fit/integrate to the car better. ISMotoracing at Rockdale is the place to go unless someone is selling one on the forum.
    Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    yeah it is just a filter that drops straight in the the stock airbox, u get a bit of a louder sound, and from what ive been told by a friend that has one on a prelude, he gets the slightest bit of power gain, not much though.
    K&N Air Filter. 19" Shadow Crome HP's. 4,400k HID Lights. White GT LED Park Lights. Resonator Removed. Kenwood Head Deck in Center Consol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    If you want can try the K&N Typhoon CAI. I think one of the OzH trader sells it (RaceNation).
    There are also other brands out there to choose from. Just need to research and see which one suits you. There is also a thread on air filter and comparison.

Member Array
    Car:
    Thanks Euro 1011 and iizzii appreciate your advice.
    I'll have a look at the thread and might try one of these filters.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Star View Post
    Is this a filter that will fit into the standard air filter box on the Euro? If so what benefits if any are there of doing this?
    Thanks heaps,
    Mike
    honestly i don't see or feel any gains, the sound doesn't increase much either imo. but people have stated it gives them slightly better fuel consumption and some gains ever so slighty

really in the long term it saves you some money as it is a re-usable filter so you don't need to buy replacement air filters.