Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004

[CL9] Lower My Euro ??

I want to lower my euro, but i dont know how far to go :S
    Currently im sitting on 18's and nothing else, i want to take away the pointy looking front of a stock accord by lowering it or us there a better option ?

Here is a pic so you can all see what its like atm.

Last edited by iizzii; 19-03-2008 at 02:28 PM.
    K&N Air Filter. 19" Shadow Crome HP's. 4,400k HID Lights. White GT LED Park Lights. Resonator Removed. Kenwood Head Deck in Center Consol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    im guessing eeryone on this forum, would say dump it on it asss, and this topic has been covered alot about how low to go and what coils or setup to use.

use the search function next time please

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread....ering+the+euro
    http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread....ering+the+euro

but for my opinion, dump it where the wheel nearly touches the arch by 1 mm.
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    sorry forgot to mention, that ive already searched and read both those two posts, but still cant decide on how much i should actually lower it, if anyone has pictures of their own cars lowered or lipped please can you show me...

Oh also i dont have $1.5-2k for coilovers is there a cheaper less damaging way to do this other then springs?
    K&N Air Filter. 19" Shadow Crome HP's. 4,400k HID Lights. White GT LED Park Lights. Resonator Removed. Kenwood Head Deck in Center Consol.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    cheaper coilovers? second hand?

one of the traders here have the tein ss going for $1300, or you can go for like D2 of G4 coilovers i think they range at the $1000 mark, seen some on ebay before.

there is a set of mugen coilovers for sale that drop your car by 35mm but there is no further height adjustment to it so 35mm is as long as your car will get on it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by iizzii View Post
    sorry forgot to mention, that ive already searched and read both those two posts, but still cant decide on how much i should actually lower it, if anyone has pictures of their own cars lowered or lipped please can you show me...

Oh also i dont have $1.5-2k for coilovers is there a cheaper less damaging way to do this other then springs?
    ONLY YOU can decide how low you want to go. We can't decide it for you.

There are a few limits to how much you can lower:
    1) Scrape the guard from lowering too much
    2) Wear out the shocks from lowering using lowering spring but stock shocks. The limit before the shocks wear prematurely is about 1.5 - 2 inches. Alternatively, use lowered shocks or coils. A good lowered shock and spring combo like Eibach and Bilstein will cost close to a set of Tein SS.
    3) Wear out the CV joints from lowering too much. By too much, I mean obscenely too much and you still fang the car hard and do hard cornering eventhough the car is already sitting on its ass.
    4) Road quality.
    5) Cops.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    well sydney roads are shithouse
    as for sydney cops i know what i think but posting it on here will either cause me to get bumpped or kicked from the forum..
    i only want to go about 2 1/2 inches max!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    2 1/2", then go either Eibach + Bilstein/Koni or Tein SS.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    I got tein SS, installed sunday. about 1 finger gap between wheel and arch. sitting on 18". gives the car a completely different and fantastic look imo. handling feels. i might post up some photoes later on.

once u lower, and its not low enough, u'll want to go lower and lower and lower

i've been through 5 suspension configurations since i got my car (each time involved a spring/shock de-install and re-install.

I'm finally on the lowest i can possibly go. But its still not right. so I suggest coilover for the sake of acheiving your desired look.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    no worries thanx for the heads up, by the looks of it ill be just saving up a bit extra and getting coilovers...

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro
    just go for coilovers like Tein SS, some seller here is selling it cheap like 1300

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    o6 Accord Euro Lux Spec
    DAMN!
    Mines rolling on 18s and only lowered a touch and it sits no where near that man!
    Im considering coils aswell on mine
    You dont want to do too low because if you hit a bump or anything too quick you can trigger the air bags and then you are in deeeeeeep trouble
    Honda at Livo are having issues with a guy who wanted his euro lowered b4 he got it, they did it and this happened to him so just be careful

2.25 all round, perfect