Thread: Towbar

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit

Towbar

Has anyone got a towbar on their jazz?

ive got one bc ive got a boat but has anyone got one put on their jazz?

Pete

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    i'm thinking of putting a tow bar on the gf's jazz too, cos i wanna use it to tow a boat too :P

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    You use the Jazz to tow a boat? That sounds funny...

Must be a pretty small boat man. Can you take a picture of your Jazz with the boat all hooked up and ready to tow? That's not the sort of thing you see every day....

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    its the only car i have access to that can fit a tow bar!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    yeah ive got a photo somewhere i think

ill have look if not ill take another one.

it does look a bit funny bc it is a jazz and not many ppl would consider it a towing machine. I think the boat is longer than the jazz form memory, the trailer definitely is.

the boats only 14ft and apparently with trailer weighs in around the 600kg mark according to the boat salesmen . . .

i cant remeber the recommended weights but its heavier and it can do the job well

it tows it well. i take it easy and only ever get in 3rd with very early breaking.
    my only only concern when towing was the clutch bc trying to do a hill start it takes a few revs and at the same time trying not to stall.

i once tried taking it up this BIG hill (chicken hill if you kow bonnet bay/como/jannali area) without a run up and the steeper it got the slower the car got and was working my way down the gears and got to first and there is a side street near the top i was able to pull in to otherwise it would of been very close as to whether or not i would of made it

also i only ever tow it at most about 3 or 4 km bc were lucky to live near the water. my gf has a farm down at nowra so am wanting to tow it down there. if it ever happens ill let you know

Pete

Member Array
    Car:
    Enzo

Lightbulb towing

i think i remember reading it somewhere that jazz are only allowed to tow a small load.. if i can remember it correctly.. check the manual handbook.. i think there might be some information about the towing capacity of the Jazz.
    "It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow."

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    they put a sticker on the drivers door panel near the wheel sticker but i cant remeber the recommended towing weights

edit:
    max load on the towball is 70kg
    manual is 1000kg
    automatic is 800kg
    unbraked trailer is 450kg

Pete
    Last edited by petrovski; 04-09-2004 at 12:55 PM.