Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 CL9 Euro
    Where do you get OEM honda coolant from? Honda dealer?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC/WRX
    ^^ yep just ur regular honda dealer
    Life Doesn’t Start Until 9000RPM!

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    Been using Castrol Anti-Boil/Freeze for the past 3 years. Does the job well and waterpump hasn't given way yet. Engine's still running strong after 300,000kms+. Only began using OEM stuff recently but I don't notice any sort of different in coolant temps.

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    I use nulon , the performance one, pretty standard stuff.
    My mechanic (hannys) use it, probably because its cheap but I trust their opinion.
    Will probably get some oem stuff though.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i use toyota coolant in my hondas
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    cupacino
    lolz i use nulon as well because of the same reson
    i think it same shit around but

$10 tectaloy from supercheap. I seem to change it so often that spending any more would be pouring money into the garden.

Besides, it's cheaper for me to replace a waterpump than spend $10+ per LITRE for coolant.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude 4ws Si
    I have emailed Nulon to see if their coolant has silicates. The slackers haven't replied yet but I'll let you know what I find out.
    dRIVEN TOO DiStRaCt U

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    $10 tectaloy from supercheap. I seem to change it so often that spending any more would be pouring money into the garden.

Besides, it's cheaper for me to replace a waterpump than spend $10+ per LITRE for coolant.
    honda coolant is $50 for 5 litres, and your supposed to change it every 120,000kms.
    which is what, average6 years? lol, $50 of 6 years isn't much
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    honda coolant is $50 for 5 litres, and your supposed to change it every 120,000kms.
    which is what, average6 years? lol, $50 of 6 years isn't much
    lol
    It's been replaced around once every 6 months for the past 3 years, be it a full engine change, radiator change or a head change. That's over $300 saved (I need over 6L to fully fill) which is enough for two water pumps. Bonus that I can spill it, boil it, or just plain lose it and not feel guilty

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    It's been replaced around once every 6 months for the past 3 years, be it a full engine change, radiator change or a head change. That's over $300 saved (I need over 6L to fully fill) which is enough for two water pumps. Bonus that I can spill it, boil it, or just plain lose it and not feel guilty
    lol, well that's just in circumstances that you can't forsee, so i reckon, it's still good
    lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    So what's the opinion on what type of coolant to use? Premix? Or Concentrate? I've been using premix without a problem, but just thought about whether you could save money mixing your own coolant with concentrate...How much will a typical bottle/jug of concentrate cost, and how much coolant will it make?

Cheers