Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz

Questions about 2009 Jazz

Just wondering, where will the new Jazz be built? Japan or Thailand? I currently have a Japanese built one and may hold on to it longer if the new one's are going to be made in Thailand.

Also, when do you guys rekon the new model will undergo a facelift(ie how many years after initial release)? I know the current model Jazz was released in 02' but don't know when the facelift took place.

I'm pretty sure there's going to be one cus the headlight housing of the new Jazz is black (like mine) and that was changed with the facelift (to chrome).

I'm probably not going to update my car for a couple of years, but just want to know some info about the new one.
    Check out this website for loads of second hand textbooks (free to join and no commission).

www.textbookexchange.com.au

Australia will continue to bring in Jazzes from Thailand taking advantage of Thai-Australian Free Trade Agreement. It would cost more to bring them in from Japan which would mean a higher end user price and Honda selling less vehicles because the higher price would make them less competitive against other brands in the class. The mug punter wouldn't know its made in Thailand just like most 'European' car buyers don't know their C Series Merc, 3 series BMW or VW is made in South Africa not anywhere near Europe.

Car model cycles are on average about 5 years with a facelift in between but it varies greatly model to model and even run to run.

The last Jazz launched in Japan 2001 and went on sales in oz in 2002. Was facelifited in 2005 (late 2004) to be replaced later this year by the new model. Sourcing of the oz Jazz was switched from Japan to Thailand in April/May 2006.
    Last edited by vividjazz; 23-03-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    ^^ Thanks for the info. So I'm guessing that the Japanese made Jazz's are worth a bit more than the newer Thai made one's right? ie, they didn't depreciate that much.
    Check out this website for loads of second hand textbooks (free to join and no commission).

www.textbookexchange.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Thai, Jap made, makes no diff as we either get one or the other. Depreciation is depreciation, doesnt matter where you get it from. You can get the old Jap made ones cheap as now second hand.

Im hanging out for the new ones as we were looking earlier in the year for a small car.

If you have a look at redbook values the Japanese made vehicles of the same year as the Thai made vehicles ie. 2006 go for around $500 more 2nd hand. They all depreciate at ever increasing rates as more Australians favour new cars hence the record new car sales.

At the end of the day a newer car goes for more than an older car 2nd hand. A 2007 car is worth more than a 2006 which is worth more than a 2005.
    Last edited by vividjazz; 24-03-2008 at 07:55 PM.

yar i agree. car value is base on the year and not where they are made. Thats why jan always have car sales of previous year. Buyer thought they save a few hundreds but fail to see the long term depreciation of their car. Even if you were to put 2 car together one made in japan and one in thailand. It will be base on condition. So it make no difference unless of course the factory manufacture a bunch of problem car but with the quality assurance nowadays its rare.

I might wait for the face life model. Just bought my jazz last year. Hehe and also i always find face life model so much nicer.

When my dad bought his car, he was told to get a face lifted one rather than a newly launch one because new technology on car take 3 to 4 years to settle down. But of course his purchase is a ultra-lux car.

who says thai and japan makes no difference in the built quality.. my fd1 is built in thailand.. and its craptastic.. =)

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    the new jazz will be thai built. in general there is very little difference in build quality. would you all rather be paying japanese built prices? lol u can't have it both ways

and the great thing about the new jazz is NO MORE CVT
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    and the great thing about the new jazz is NO MORE CVT
    It will have a CVT. Just with a torque converter, instead of a Starter clutch.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Civic VTi
    But if sourcing from thailand is supposed to make the jazz and civic sell at a "more competitive" price, shouldnt the jazzes and civics be much more cheaper than they currently are since honda aust keeps harping on about the advantages of sourcing their cars from thailand? To me, they dont seem to be passing on much of the savings they're making to the end buyers. As another example, just compare the prices of a thai made civic and jap made mazda3...i cant see any price advantage for the "supposedly-cheaper-to source" civics here. Just my thoughts.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    But if sourcing from thailand is supposed to make the jazz and civic sell at a "more competitive" price, shouldnt the jazzes and civics be much more cheaper than they currently are since honda aust keeps harping on about the advantages of sourcing their cars from thailand? To me, they dont seem to be passing on much of the savings they're making to the end buyers. As another example, just compare the prices of a thai made civic and jap made mazda3...i cant see any price advantage for the "supposedly-cheaper-to source" civics here. Just my thoughts.
    the advantage is not for buyer but to increase company profit
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit