Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    haha yeh man, when it comes to the car i dont mess around

And yes it feels so much better, i only wish i did it sooner. I cringe at the thought of me revving it out when it was "cold"

But its all good now, I finally feel like a Vti-R owner

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    That is exactly how i felt. I thought to myself "damn i've been driving it and gunning it with a cold engine, i hope i didnt do any damage", but now i feel very relieved that i have fixed it. It feels complete again

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    All you Vtir teg owner who have had his problem must stop to apriciate the quality of your honda, yes your 10 yr old thermostat shat itself but it has in a way that it dindt overheat your engine. 90% of honda thermostats iv ever seen seize or become faulty have done so in the open state thus allowing coolant to flow, most other manufacture and non genuine thermostate seize in the closed state which = no coolant flow and an overheating engine which = posible engine damage. thats why I love genuine Honda thermostats, there worth every penny IMO.

Member Array
    haha dont get us wrong ECU man, we're not complaining. We just felt bad about thrashing the car when it was cold

Im glad it ran too cold rather than too hot, because you're right it would have been ALOT worse.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Nah Dude, Im not saying you guys are complaining, Im just trying to make yall apriciate your honda even more than you allready do

Member Array
    Car:
    slow taxi
    Quote Originally Posted by g3vtir
    linkorr,

Yeah i did it myself...overall it should only take about 30min...but you gotta wait till your engine is cold.

Na no expertise needed. Here is what you should do.

1. take intake pipe off
    2. follow the lower radiator hose to where it connects, thats the thermostat housing.
    3. remove the sensor and ground wire attached to the housing.
    4. There are two bolts to remove. Now the top one is easy to get, but the bottom one is hard. This took me about 1.5 hours to get out. I tried everything to get it out. I didnt have proper tools so it was hard. You need something that bends. Like a socket wrench with a bend on it coz the started motor gets in the way.
    5. After you remove the two bolts, take the housing off, then pull out the thermostat. Put the new one back in. Dont forget to replce the gasket.
    6. Put everything back in and replace the coolant lost in the process.

Does that kinda explain what i did?
    thanks g3vtir.. will see what i can get from auto one. hopefully i don't mess it up.. it sounds fairly simple.. I got a honda manual and found the same steps too

good on all you guys who fixed your problems..

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Looks like this is a common problem. When I was at Hanny's last weekend there was another DC2 which had the exact same problem
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

its a common thing yes...for not being replaced for say more than 5-10 years or so lol...thank God for honda's that dont break even under these extreme cases

BTW my lil si is doin the same thing....and a thermo change is on the dial...

Member Array
    haha ECU Man , no worries there thats why i chose a Honda/VTEC over a turbo car id be forever repairing

Its good to see lots of peoples cars got fixed because of thread, cheers to ozhonda and all who contributed!

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    hey ive got a dc2r, and i just got it about 2 weeks ago, my engine temp is sitting around the 40% mark, just below the middle. should i worry about it? or is that normal?? because i believe few people have this problem?? the car drives good but just for assurance. someone said that is normal in the 1st page of this thread so im just double checking.
    thanks
    Last edited by Speeder; 06-09-2004 at 10:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah sitting at about 40% is normal. its when it doesnt reach 40% or exceeds 40% when you gotta start to worry

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    Yep, I agree, about 3/8ths, just under halfway, on my DC2R.. It is very consistent on that reading too.. Cheers..
    .: I Heart Honda :.