Arrow Power windows issue??

Everyone keeps talking about this problem with their power windows in the Gen8 CIVIC. I'm getting my CIVIC on Thursday. What actually causes the problem? and when it's fixed (under warranty) what do they actually do to fix it?
    Also, how far into the car's life does the issue start occurring?
    Thanks guys (and girls).

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    This is covered in so many other threads on this forum it's not funny.

In short, rubber dries up. It's an easy fix- the dealer/service centre will do it, but you can DIY if you just buy some "silicon spray". It's in a can and has a very thin straw which hooks onto the nozzle. Use that and spray it into the rubber gap which the window slides up/down on and it'll make it smooth again.

It can happen anytime. Some sooner than others. The other thing you'll see soon enough is the wipers drying out.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

it happens becoz the rubber runners dry up and cause the anti trap to kick in and wind the window back down, on our civic i have noticed that when the window goes up it seems to get tighter towards the front of the door and so the windows actually starts to come up higher at the back part and becomes hard for the motor to push the window up, so i can only see any sprays being a band aid fix to the problem, getting our cars 20,000km service next wekk and they'll be told about it then-again for the 3rd time!
    AIR CAN'D AND AIR BRUSHED EG SEDAN FOR SALE $9000 http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/...pic=267205&hl=

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    The other thing you'll see soon enough is the wipers drying out.
    Crap! i need new wipers
    Quote Originally Posted by minix33 View Post
    for xmas the bf asked if i wanted a branded hand bag like gucci or LV.
    i told him to get me swaybars.
    ----
    Spec R

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    yeah..i just got my fd in like 1.5 weeks now...the power window is starting to go slow and nny 911's window is going halfway up only and had to pulled...and thats only like not even 2 months i think

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 Civic Sport FD
    I have this problem before as well , after buying the car for 1 month.... why it would happen on a brand new car..=.=? ~I just concern honda's car quality....= =
    Modify ~ Modify ~ Modify~
    Everyone please tell me if any new parts for Civic FD2 release ~