Thread: New Key?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06

New Key?

Hi,

just got myself a 02 jazz today...i believe it is the lowest model in its range
    the car has no alarm only the factory immoboliser so the key does not have the alarm switches on it...

is there any way i can upgrade the alarm on the car through honda?
    i dont want to get a car alarm and carry another piece of brick in my pocket where i can have the alarm on the key instead?

would anyone be able to help?

cheers,

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5
    dont get it through honda...they'll just end up gettign strathfield car radio to go to honda to install and charge you more

just go to strathfield car radio, ask for the cyclop alarm that uses stock key fob. i had it done before and works well

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    how much did that set you back?

I have this really good alarm/immobiliser from red Suns performance for $220 installed and it's really good. even the little keyring thing looks cool. It automatically locks the doors 10secs after you start the car ... and then automatically opens them when you've turn the ignition off. I've never had that in my other cars before but it's quite cool.

and never go to honda to do it .. they're charge you 3 times as much for the same thing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    yeh i had a 2-way alarm before and to be quite honest i dont want a bulky pocket.. so if i can.. get the alarm remote and key in 1

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5
    i can't remember how much the cyclop alarm is....but it should'nt cost you more the $200

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S Chilli R56
    I think the key with built in remote alone will cost you more than $250 from the dealer.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    i called up rick damelion today and they said theres no way i can get a factory key that has the lock/unlock button... although im not sure if this is correct... i dunno what else i can do from here

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    i think the only question now is... is it possible to get the factory alarm installed the 1 that comes with the lock on the key?