Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    I found the same thing with mine. Some insurers go agreed value, but in general I found insuring the S2000 to be extremely expensive in comparison to previous cars I have owned.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I bought an S2000 a couple of weeks back.

Shannons insured it for $30,000 over the phone, the day before I picked it up, for $690, with $400 excess. That is only $90 more than the cost to insure a Peugeot 306.

I am over 60, have 4 other cars with them, & have never made a claim, which all probably helps, but I was impressed by the comparison with the $12,000 Peugeot.

Give them a try

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasbeen View Post
    I bought an S2000 a couple of weeks back.

I am over 60, have 4 other cars with them
    Whoa.. Why couldnt you be my grandpa..

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Sorry VeYzZii, the ones I had some involvement in producing keep me poor enough.

One visited on the weekend, & when she left, so did the 306 convertible that was supposed to be my daily driver.

Still it had proved that front drive is not really suitable for narrow country roads with water running across them, so I won't miss it much.

I'm, sure the S2000 will handle it much better, even if the average driver would doubt that.

I'm afraid you will just have to train your own grandpa.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Hasbeen, I'm sure you'll find the S2000 a much more engaging drive than the Peugeot. Just don't get in touch with your inner 20 yo and ruin that perfect NCB.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Thanks for the concern AusS2000, but you are advising the converted.

I set a Bathurst lap record in 1967 which was never beaten, & unfortunately, no one is more aware than me of how much of the ability that allowed me to do that has gone with the years.

I was keeping my hand in with a 300+BHP Triumph TR8, before my son took it to Sydney with him, [to protect me from myself you may say].

Now all I have is the paddock basher, & a track slashed in the long grass in the bottom paddock, to indulge that inner 20 year old.

You are right about one thing, although some of the ability may get old & die, that inner 20 year old is still a 20 year old.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Good stuff. It's nice to see an S2000 in the hands of someone who doesn't let his enthusiasm exceed his abilities. Gives me hope there might be a few still on the roads in the future.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    Hasbeen, you should have got an NSX !!!
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Krogoth, it was a convertible that I was after.

I have periods where my back, & right knee make it very painful to get into a low hard top, & I have a couple of them already.

I was looking for something to take the place of the TR8, which had not had it's hood up for a couple of years.

The S2000 was my forth try to find something that would work, & it gives much more than I expected. Having done almost 1000Km in the S2000 I can imagine how much car the NSX is, but perhaps more than I need today, & the roof is so hard to get down.
    Last edited by Hasbeen; 12-04-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I'm pretty sure that TR8 wasn't factory standard with 300bhp so you're obviously not adverse to tinkering.

There's much you can do to the S that will push it up to and beyond those power figures.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yes AusS2000. they actually had a detuned 3.5 Rover V8 in them. This one was fitted with the last of the Range Rover 4.6L V8s, with all forged bottom end, & a fair bit of top work, with the latest Haltech calling the shots. It is quite flexible, but the deep rumble of the V8 leaves no one in any doubt that the thing is serious. It does mid 11s down the 1/4.

I'm sure, being Honda, the S2000 could take some gingering up without strain, but at present I am loving being able to slip quietly around town, looking a bit & sounding a lot like another hairdresser in their MX5, then letting it howl when needed. I don't need any more performance in the car,-----yet!

The other thing I find great is the lack of impression of speed it gives to passengers. My wife is not a good passenger, & I am finding that I can slip around corners at least 10Km/H quicker in the Honda than would bring howls of protest in one of the Triumphs.

It does sound like I'm in love, doesn't it?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    It does, but I give you a month before for need for speed bites.