Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    aami tend to be very hard on their claims process which is why they lowered premiums to lure people in

my brother had a bad experience with aami - even though he got his claim paid out eventually he was without a car or money for another car for more than 6 months

read the fine print!

im with NRMA - i pay abit extra but i know im covered for what i need
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    AAMI are a rip off. I had a very, very bad experience with them, they did reimburse me but I was out of pocket 4.6k and with no car for 5 months.

I am now with NRMA as well, I am paying ~$1600 for fully comp on s2k, fully comp on Audi a4 and home content covering 30k. AAMI were charging me $1800 for s2k alone.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I have spread my insurances around quite a bit this year for the following reasons.

Shannons are still best for the classics, [over 30 years], cheap & best terms. They have both Triumphs. They were not so good for moderns.

Just were the only ones to offer an affordable policy for my daughters car when she was a teenager, & still best at 21. They were great with a claim too.

Youi killed the others on the rest of the fleet. Very competitive on the Mazda 2, & way ahead on the S2000, the Ford Capri, [local 2+2], & the ute. The S2000 is covered for $26,000 agreed value for $6/700, & were even cheaper for market value.
    Last edited by Hasbeen; 09-02-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    NRMA
    $26,000 agreed value
    $1560 P/A with $1000 excess

Was going to be $3500, but got them to beat just car by 10%, and that means my excess is $1500 lower now too

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    how'd u get them to beat just car by 10%?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    In qld they have a promo running 'we'll beat any quote by 10%'

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9

My experiences

you get what you pay for

NRMA
    • your own repairer
    • cost a little more
    • cover you no matter who is driving (all you do is pay extra excess)
    • very competitive greenslip if yuor insured with them
    • stolen/fire claims do not take 3-4 months they will pay u out and then if they get evidence bust your ass

AAMI
    • cheap
    • good phone support (personal opinion)
    • rip off excess
    • they auction your car to repair it (so dodgey and corner cut repairs)
    • if you are unhappy with the repair it will take around 3-4 months for them to "process" your claim and get your car "repaired properly"
    • if your paint cracks AFTER it has been resprayed they tell you to go stick it up your ass

JustCar
    • They are identical to AAMI, only difference is better premium for sports cars and v8s

Shannons
    • completely over priced
    • covers anything in any situation
    • probably much more suitable for cars that have alot of modications as ure allowed to set your pay out MUCH higher then your cars value
    BWAAHHHHHHH

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^^ to add to Shannons, it gets a hell of a lot cheaper if you have a bunch of projects/cars insured with them.
    So those with a workshop and 1/2 dozen projects lying around? Shannons is about as good as it'll get.

And Of course, shannons... your own repairer.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I have to add Lumley special vehicles insurance is ideal for insuring S's if you're not driving for more than 3 days a week on average. I asked if they covered market value and not agreed value if the time came to claim, but they assured me it would be the agreed value (I didn't get scammed... right? lol). In addition, you're able to select your own repairer which is amazing.

I'm 27 and paid $969 for a 12-month insurance plan with $650 excess, and that includes windscreen (+$50) and rating one secured even if I have to make a claim in the next 2 years if I remember correctly (+$40).

Anyone had any past experiences with them before? They've got a 14-day full refund policy so if I decide to change, I'm able to just ring them up and cancel my plan.

Edit: They covered for my aftermarket suspension/wheels as well. I read the fine print and I can't drive more than 8,000 km's p.a. which is fine with me since it's not a daily.
    Last edited by arcenite; 02-05-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by arcenite View Post
    Sorry to bump up an old thread but I have to add Lumley special vehicles insurance is ideal for insuring S's if you're not driving for more than 3 days a week on average. I asked if they covered market value and not agreed value if the time came to claim, but they assured me it would be the agreed value (I didn't get scammed... right? lol). In addition, you're able to select your own repairer which is amazing.

I'm 27 and paid $969 for a 12-month insurance plan with $650 excess, and that includes windscreen (+$50) and rating one secured even if I have to make a claim in the next 2 years if I remember correctly (+$40).

Anyone had any past experiences with them before? They've got a 14-day full refund policy so if I decide to change, I'm able to just ring them up and cancel my plan.

Edit: They covered for my aftermarket suspension/wheels as well. I read the fine print and I can't drive more than 8,000 km's p.a. which is fine with me since it's not a daily.
    I've heard this too. Would go with them when i'm 25 LOL
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I'm with lumley. They're great. Have my dad's wagon for a daily

Haha I just upp'ed it to a daily non-commute so that it covers repairing/servicing as well as test drives if I ever decide to sell it plus unlimited km's. Total's only $1255, very happy with it.