CRV 2004 - high fuel consumption ?

Hi,
    I have CRV 2004 2.4 and full tank (58litres) last 350 kms. Thats on Caltex BIO E10 Unleaded (10%ethanol).

Is this ok?

I bought this car just couple weeks ago and don't know if I should consider this as a normal range. We use this car to travel to and from work in the city (7.5 kms each way) and some short trips (40kms) to the beach.

Also, which fuel - E10, 95 or 98 - is most suitable for this type of engine?

Thanks a lot.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    What does the owners manual say.
    Im sure e10 should be used as a last resort
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Manual say it can run on E10. I will be using 95 from now on just wanted to ask other crv owners if this is the range I can expect.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    rememeber 95 & 95 RON
    Give better fuel economy, mileage and better for your engine

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    try 3 tanks of each, 350-400 is about right as you are only refilling about 40ish ltrs when the light comes on and doing short distances. stick to atleast 91. e10 probly uses more.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV
    G'day,

We've got a 2005 Model which we've had since new. Anyhow I have only driven it once on a tank of E10 and the fuel consumption was dreadful. Honda engines sold in OZ are optimised for 91 unleaded. Though I always run ours on 95. E10 also has a lower octane rating than 91.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    remember
    Due to the nature of e10, more e10 is required for combustion than normal RON 91 petrol
    If that makes sense

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Thanks for your posts gyus.
    Yesterday I bought a full tank of 95. I will see how it will go, but after reading all info regarding this I will most probably stick to 95 from now on.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    98 is much better
    As your engine is a k24 and have a higher compression than the old b series motors

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    06 CRV SPORT
    I have an 06 and 350-400 is pretty much right for everyday driving. On the hwy I got about 477kms on 98octane.

The boys are right When the light comes in I can only fill it with 40l so there is still 18litres in there.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Don't run the e10 on the crv. It goes thru it too fast
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION