Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    got that fix today,cost975 at granville local repair. the mechani said it is likely to happen again. i am thinking selling my cry and buy a nissan xtail .

Hi there.
    Sorry to resurrect an old post but just yesterday my wife was driving our 05 CR-V and the compressor self destructed. Bits of aluminium casting everywhere In the process now of finding out how much to fix the problem. Our V has 65000km and it showed no signs before letting go.
    I too have been looking online and see that a lot of Americans and Canadians are getting "good will" payments from Honda to help fix the problem. Anyone here have any experience with getting such a payment from Honda?

Cheers in advance,
    Chris.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury 2005

Euro 2004 Air-con failure

Hey Guys I own a 2004 Euro Luxury, They use the same Air Con Compressor, Mine makes a severe rattling noise, car has done 150,000 Km's. I do-not think this is acceptable for a major component to last only this long. Applied To Honda Aus for goodwill warranty and it was rejected. I am still having Discussions with them will post the outcome.

It is a common problem with this compressor so I feel that some assistance from Honda is Warranted. I would gladly pay labour costs if they at least supplied the parts, in my opinion I think this is reasonable. I have owned the car from new and never had a warranty claim before.

Another point i would like to make is that I use to work in the Automotive Industry making car components, and I spent some time in Japan Training.They are a very proud people with a sense of responsibility, so if needed i will take this directly to Honda Japan if i do'not achieve a satisfactory outcome from Honda Aus...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    mine Euro just replaced a new compressor and condensor as well. I really want to kick the Honda dealer (Burswood, Perth), because I have problem with the air con 6 months ago. I reported to them twice in last 6 months, they don't know what is the problem and charge me $114 for checking. Now, I have to replace the whole system.
    Accord Basic

Guys ,I have a Honda CRV -3 model .My AC compressor has stopped working and is faulty.Any ideas where can i get the cheap compressor and labour and wheather as read in the thread Honda Australia willing to compensate the cost

03 CRV compressor died also...

FWIW, My wife's 03 CRV compressor sh!t itself about 12 months ago. Honda told us to go jump, out of warranty - end of story. Original replacement parts were way too expensive, so we went for an aftermarket equivalent. Still cost us $1000 to fix! Not real nice for a car with less than 100K on the clock!

Hi
    Got the same problem to my 2003 CRV. The compressor for the airconditioner just seized up and the repair bill is about $4000 as quoted by the dealer.

its a very common problem. Its good to change the condenser at the same time because the system usually has metal filings go through it.

If anyone is interested in a brand new compressor pm me. It's exactly the same brand as the Honda one (keihin) and comes complete with solenoid and clutch pack.

Hi There,

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to know if anyone had the same air conditioning compressor failure with the 2008 CR-V. Our air conditioning died about a year after our warranty had finished (How convenient!). The best price we could find to fix it was $1500. From what I've read on the net this problem has been happening for years now and the problem isn't being rendered with each new model being bought out. I don't see why I should have to pay to have something fixed that is actually a manufacturing fault.

I saw that the person who started this thread got a 25% discount, but I don't feel I should have to pay anything.

Anyone had any success in getting this problem fixed when they were out of warranty.

Thanks

Angie

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    My colleague at work told the dealership that he was going to buy a new CRV however will jump ship unless they fix his compressor for free. They obliged and fixed it for him free of charge (2 weeks ago). 2007 model.

Only thing is this was the 7th car he bought at that same dealership, so they may have helped his case (2x Honda's, changed every 4-5 years). Might be worth a shot...

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    if all you CRV owners are experiencing the same issues and there are no recalls or anything about these problems being a common issue by Honda, then i would suggest give the Fair Trading a call and enquire. Even though its out of warranty, im sure there is some sort of obligation that honda follows or at least offer a "goodwill gesture" to CRV owners with these problems.

build up a case, sign it and send it all together to make it a strong case within the Fair trading. Let honda know as well that you will submit a case if they dont offer to help or come up with a solution.
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV
    G'day, our aircon unit has gone cactus yesterday with most of the symptoms described occurring before the unit failed.
    The CRV is a MY 2005/2004 built and only has around 89000 Kay's on board.
    Contacted Honda via email yesterday as usual with any problems with the car they are indifferent.
    Time to dispose of vehicle I think considering the cost to get fixed and it's not a reliable fix.

Well quick update as of 10 Feb 13, some good news at least. Issue has turned out to be the compressor clutch unit. $925.00 fitted also it is a genuine part only. I have gone ahead with the fix as its cheaper than a new car.
    Last edited by brett2372; 11-02-2013 at 05:28 PM.