Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have the same problem with my air conditioner. Sent a letter to Honda Australia and they told me that the reason it broke is because you need to use the air conditioner everyday!!! WTF? i told them i only use it in summer months. They didnt offer any help with it at all!! Very disappointed. got it booked to fix next week for $1650. I know my next car wont be a Honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV
    Well that makes no difference, ours is constantly on since we had the car the new and it still failed.
    I have a Volkswagen as well and their service warranty system and customer treatment shits all over Honda. I went to test drive the new CRV the other week and they can't even be bothered to ring you, as if your doing them a favour buying their shit cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Guys it appears that the crvs are having common AC compressor fails. Especially if the car is relatively new or as new. But if out of warranty then its a different story.

Why didnt honda brought a recall on this POS compressors?..

Maybe write a letter to the ombudsman or something to find out if they can help.

A good point to keep in mind of is if your not planning to use the AC in any other climate besides summer, before you switch on the AC, just do a quick check and see if all the pressurized joints/connections on the AC hose looks all good and not leaking.

The moment u turn on the AC and if there are no gas, it will definitely destroy the AC seals and worse case compressor.

It maybe a sealed system, but if it has been sitting in hibernation for a long time then the seals will let go.

Just food for thought...
    RB1-ODC

Taken from the ACCC site,
    Voluntary safety-related recalls are the responsibility of the supplier.The Minister for Competition Policy and Consumer Affairs (the Australian Government's consumer affairs spokesperson) does have the power to order a compulsory recall of a product if it will or may cause injury to a person and where it appears that the supplier has not taken satisfactory action to prevent the goods from causing injury.

The reason why this issue has not warrant a recall is because a failed compressor does not cause any bodily harms. Difficult to find a reason how this will endanger the driver or anyone else. Unless you can prove that you got heat-stroke because your aircon compressor failed..... but what are the chances and the remoteness involved.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    ^^ fair enough call.

Just tell them that the compressor caused the R134 gas to leak into the vents or atmosphere.

If the gas leaks then that is an environmental harm to humans and wilderness
    RB1-ODC

Quote Originally Posted by Rage King View Post
    ^^ fair enough call.

Just tell them that the compressor caused the R134 gas to leak into the vents or atmosphere.

If the gas leaks then that is an environmental harm to humans and wilderness
    Am sure a failed compressor per se will not cause R134A gas to leak, unless it's with regards to the seals or high/low pressure hoses. The problems with these compressors is in the clutch seizing up.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by blommer View Post
    Am sure a failed compressor per se will not cause R134A gas to leak, unless it's with regards to the seals or high/low pressure hoses. The problems with these compressors is in the clutch seizing up.
    Thats what i meant..
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    95 BB4 Si Vtec
    I bought an 02 last week and was told it just needed regas so went in to get it done today and it needs a flush and a pump check.
    No charge at least but i will not be paying $$$'s on it.
    A bit disappointed but i have been here before!

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish R View Post
    I bought an 02 last week and was told it just needed regas so went in to get it done today and it needs a flush and a pump check.
    No charge at least but i will not be paying $$$'s on it.
    A bit disappointed but i have been here before!

there was a mob at mermaid waters/broadbeach that use to regas and replace o-ring seals for about $150 drive in and drive out. .. i think thats a good price considering he flushes the old gas out, replace compressor o-rings/gaskets then refit and regas with the dye... and i think he still has the old gas also for the older cars that uses old gas but cant afford to upgrade. (old A/C gas nowadays are now illegal by the way).
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    95 BB4 Si Vtec
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage King View Post
    there was a mob at mermaid waters/broadbeach that use to regas and replace o-ring seals for about $150 drive in and drive out. .. i think thats a good price considering he flushes the old gas out, replace compressor o-rings/gaskets then refit and regas with the dye... and i think he still has the old gas also for the older cars that uses old gas but cant afford to upgrade. (old A/C gas nowadays are now illegal by the way).
    Sounds good,just had a word with the ice guy who was referred from the mechanic and he reckons @$1200 for the pump replacing,not a chance.
    I found a compressor on Gumtree that has the clutch gone on it and a wrecker has a unit too for $350.
    Would be great if it was just the gasket or an O ring.....any chance you have any more details on the mob .

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Ill see if i can find his ass on google maps street view lol..

Hope fully he hasnt shut down yet lol
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    95 BB4 Si Vtec
    I might be lucky as the warranty is still valid on the car covering Condenser/compressor and evapourater,was told to get a garage report for the warranty group who are not very pleasant on the phone,but i expected that.